global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Need a local pal/guide/advisor in Sosua? Manny knows Sosua.  (Read 57871 times)

SosuaSam

• Administrator
Need a local pal/guide/advisor in Sosua? Manny knows Sosua.
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
Anyone wanting a personal guide to the happenings in Sosua and the Dominican Republic in general can call Manny. Manny has been here for years and speaks English and Spanish.  You can give him what you think is appropiate and his advice can be priceless. He is very trustworthy and has been helping out of towners visiting Sosua for years. Manny can be reached at 829-891-1191
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:00:02 PM by SosuaSam »

billy

Re: Need a local pal/guide/advisor in Sosua? Henry knows Sosua.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »
I've been to Sosua every ten to twelve weeks since my first visit three years ago and Henry is definitely a good guy.  In my time in the D.R. I've brought two condos and have frequently had Henry as my guess.  By the way, Henry also speaks Haitian Creole. I've included a pic of Henry, so you know I think of him as a friend.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:47:37 PM by billy »

Rambo27

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »
billy thanks for the info,  i might have someone down there but always good to have a back up plan.  never been to sosua, but been going to Boca Chica for years.  any info i should know?  any good places to stay that are nice?  we will be a total of 4-5 guys.  would like to bring girls back to our rooms / Vila or condo. Hotels will be last resort. 
i also posted a question about weekdays as aposed to weekends, big differences?

guyfranklin

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
I have been reading the posts and am learning a lot about what I need to know.....first timer. I think I may need a guide and I have read, pay them what you think is fair. I have no idea....can someone help to give me a ballpark of what is fair?  Thanks

cazbar

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:39 AM »
Man you don't need a guide. That shit is overrated. Those guys will never leave you alone. And once you pay one of them, you become a target for begging ass dudes. They're not rude or anything, but they become a real pain in the ass with there constantly asking for shit. I go there 3-4 times a year, and I've never used or needed a guide. Hit me up, and I can let you know a few people to talk to while you're there.

guyfranklin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:12:12 AM »
Thanks Cazbar....The only reason I was thinking of a guide is because I don't know spanish very good, like very little. I am going alone on May 21, staying 9 days, and I am thinking I am going to be very lonely (with the chicas) because I can't talk to them. That is going to make me very sad. Unless I get her at hello, I am fricking lost. Any advice....hang out with someone who can....or what.....I can buy some beers, lol.

cazbar

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »
Damn, we're going to just miss each other. As for not speaking much Spanish. I speak very little Spanish and I do just fine. Every chica that don't speak English has a friend or two that does. But they all know how to speak money lol. And trust me, you won't be lost or lonely. The chicas will see to that. Check out some of the posts on here. I think a few of the fellas on here are going to be there the same time you are. If you want, feel free to send me a message for some more advise.

Bikininut

• Katherinepp
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
I have known a guy named Junior for ten years and he is the best guide you could ever want. He speaks four or five languages (English is one) and is not a hustler type. He knows the street and the more sophisticated places to go. His number is 809-816-0005 and you can say Mario recommended you to him.

vpchill

• Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
I got a serious question.. Are we really here advertising and recommending Dominican Guides? Really? I see guys all the time being lead around like puppies and paying extra because they got a Dominican guide.. Buy me a drink and Ill make sure you straight.

That makes me laugh, I never seen anywhere where we recommend hustlers to each other.

I got a box called the NOT COOL BOX.. We gon put recommending street hustlers in the NOT COOL BOX
Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill...... Sosua, RD

Entrance to Playa sosua (In Plaza Next to Western Union)

vpchill

• Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
And FYI.. I been in this country four years and there are ONLY three Dominicans I know I can trust. If you need a Dominican guide THAT bad, then I guess this thread is for you. Id prefer to send guys to one or two female chulas I know that weed out the bad chicas. The Dominican Guide is gonna steer you towards HIS chicas. FACT
Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill...... Sosua, RD

Entrance to Playa sosua (In Plaza Next to Western Union)

petey

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
Am all with vpchill on this one no advertising street hustler...if u need sum guidence  jst choose for urself wen ur feet on the ground wen u get a feel for the people

NoOneSpecific

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
Well, I don't know your guy so I cannot say anything about him good or bad. I am VERY leery of using a local guide unless they come recommended to me by someone I personally have known for a while. (I have lived abroad, Kenya, the Caribbean, etc.) so I am not very trusting this way.  I have my reasons.

Personally, I live by "Trust NO ONE" when vacationing but that's just me and it's suited me fine. If you need a guide all I can suggest is find some gringos who have lived there for more than 5 years. Rick or Marco from Rocky's for example. Ask them to recommend to you someone with whom they would trust their Mother. I'm telling you it will be a VERY short list.

If I had to throw a name out into the ring I'd recommend a guy named Evans. He works the grills at Rumba and he'll tell you NO. He won't want the job. After a few nights of chatting him up, he might take you out for an afternoon so long as he can get back to work the grills that night. (He's a deeply religious fellow and has steered me away from a few chicas in the past)

Do I trust him? No, but I'd be much more comfortable with a guide who didn't want the job than one who's trying to sell you on why he should be your guide.

~ For what is is worth.

nickmirr

• The SimpFace Killa
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 08:25:04 PM »
Guide's are not the move...I went solo 07/31/13 and hung out with some cool brothers that had a guide who was stealing there beer's and liquor when there back was turned. I noticed his bullshit and quickly let them know what was going on..
I'm not the chicken walking into the wolf den... I'm the wolf entering the chicken coop.

bornjust777

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »
GuyFrank - you definitely don't need a guide ... you will spend a unnecessary amount of money on him, he will become your shadow and he will steer you to girls that will give him a small cut as he makes your deals (which means you will have to pay more). Everyone will know you are a newbee and try to get you to pay top dollar. Myself and a crew may be going that week (memorial day weekend)  but there are MANY cool brothers that will point you in the right direction when you get down there ...... The main thing is to make certain your staying somewhere comfortable and safe. Dont worry about your limited Spanish ...... that has never been much of a problem....

nickmirr

• The SimpFace Killa
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 05:20:22 AM »
@guyfranklin,

Trust you will be ok, one thing I can say, there is a brotherhood and we seem to come together. There are brothers who will see your solo and invite you to roll with them. So do yourself a favor, stay away from the leeches.
I'm not the chicken walking into the wolf den... I'm the wolf entering the chicken coop.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal