global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: What happen to Sports Bar 2413 ?  (Read 2614 times)

Silkyslim75

What happen to Sports Bar 2413 ?
« on: May 29, 2023, 08:06:15 PM »
From what I saw of the video, the owner put a lot into building this complex. It is surprising that the place
never gets mentioned. It is as if it doesn't exist.  Does anyone know the story behind what appears to be it's failure?

Travelguy90

Re: What happen to Sports Bar 2413 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 09:28:36 PM »
From what I seen it just is inactive so no one goes. Last year I went 4 different times from February to November and it wasn’t open even once. Granted the location isn’t ideal because it’s a walking trap when the police decide to pickup girls. It’s jail literally across the street, so I can’t see why chicas would Choose it. If no chicas, then dudes have little reason to go. Maybe permits/bribes are the holdup
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

WT3

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 11:33:33 PM »
Believe it's closed now went a few times over the year I lived there every time there were only a few guys there mostly other expats just chilling and playing pool with the bartenders. I liked the place nice pool tables plenty of tv's club like place in the back it was nice.

Bat Man

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 11:55:23 PM »
From what I seen it just is inactive so no one goes. Last year I went 4 different times from February to November and it wasn’t open even once. Granted the location isn’t ideal because it’s a walking trap when the police decide to pickup girls. It’s jail literally across the street, so I can’t see why chicas would Choose it. If no chicas, then dudes have little reason to go. Maybe permits/bribes are the holdup

Exactly no bitches, no business

crazy_canuck

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 09:23:02 AM »
I guess the owner played and lost ... he played on the rumors that they were to make some kind of "red light district" at this end of PC and it never happened.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

sosuasosua

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 09:46:41 AM »
Place came out nice.You have to be crazy to invest in a place of that scale in Sosua.As a gringo you have zero rights.He got scammed into thinking all the action was going to that end of town. 

285West

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 09:56:38 AM »
All on him. Understanding the country's politics, he built under a different political party and did not wait until after the elections.  The new political party hates the PLD and would never agree to anything they approved. One ex-pat on here said he was brilliant to do it.

Silkyslim75

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 10:14:49 AM »
Wow! that's a shame. That's a big lost.

Bat Man

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 10:29:51 AM »
All on him. Understanding the country's politics, he built under a different political party and did not wait until after the elections.  The new political party hates the PLD and would never agree to anything they approved. One ex-pat on here said he was brilliant to do it.

You really think that an election would really affect any and all private investments?

So If a multinational firm agreed to build say a Mine under the PLD the PRM would dead the deal?

I can understand making some changes but just because there was an election all former deals are off?

Do they even know who this guy is?  The funny thing is that it's not like a Republican vs. Democrat thing both parties are considered center left.

285West

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 10:58:01 AM »

You really think that an election would really affect any and all private investments?

So If a multinational firm agreed to build say a Mine under the PLD the PRM would dead the deal?

I can understand making some changes but just because there was an election all former deals are off?

Do they even know who this guy is?  The funny thing is that it's not like a Republican vs. Democrat thing both parties are considered center left.

Listen carefully; you might learn something.  He built based on the PLD, saying they have approved a red district for that area.  He did not wait until after the elections as the PLD was thrown out.  The new political party in the DR will never approve a red-light zone in Sosua.  You have to wait until after the elections to ensure the political party is still in power to build that club.  He did not wait, and he built off of the PLD's approval.  That is such a terrible unforced error.  You wait to see who wins before you build anything.  All the other stuff you just said makes no sense to this situation. Anyone can talk, but keep it simple.  Your talking a red light district not every political party will agree too that.  Using mining, republicans and democrats has nothing to do with this situation.  Think it through before you write it out.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 11:19:44 AM by 285West »

Bat Man

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 11:54:37 AM »

Listen carefully; you might learn something.  He built based on the PLD, saying they have approved a red district for that area.  He did not wait until after the elections as the PLD was thrown out. The new political party in the DR will never approve a red-light zone in Sosua.  You have to wait until after the elections to ensure the political party is still in power to build that club.  He did not wait, and he built off of the PLD's approval.  That is such a terrible unforced error.  You wait to see who wins before you build anything.  All the other stuff you just said makes no sense to this situation. Anyone can talk, but keep it simple.  Your talking a red light district not every political party will agree too that.  Using mining, republicans and democrats has nothing to do with this situation.  Think it through before you write it out.

But there is a red light district in Sosua.

Homie think about what you're saying you're saying that any random business that requires careful planning, legal support financing and marketing can be upended because some one get elected and they put the kibosh on all business plans that didn't come through them.

I know tommorow they'll build a Sandals resort and kick out all the mongers do you know how long it will take to build said resort? The PRM could be kicked out by the time it's built and millions would be up in smoke.

Maybe the guy just built in the wrong place and maybe it wasn't the politicans who come and go ( The PLD was in power for the last 16 years) it was the Police.  Mongers are lazy unless the cops made the girls go up therethey wouldn't go and having bitches selling ass in steps from the jail would make the so called anti prostitution efforts look like a joke.

Bailees and Kings have been where they were for years despite political changes and they're still there.

murano2010

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2023, 02:23:49 PM »
Listen carefully 285 West.  The reason the Sports Bar is not open for business is because it encompasses a couple of main issues.  One of them is not what you said about it being politically motivated.    That's pure speculation on your part.   Sounds plausible but thats not it. 

The main reason the owner Dave did not stay open or reopen, is because somebody wanted a cut of his business that he felt was unfair.   Now you tell me WTF does that have to do with which party won the election?   Rey from Kings was also operating a spot in Playa Chiquita.   Does he still operate that spot, Im not sure?   But if he got approached the same way, and they were asking too much,  he would do the same thing that Dave from the Sports Complex did.   Refuse to pay, say f--k it, and keep his place closed.   

Now where did I get my information from?   I got it directly from Dave himself,  less than a week ago standing in front of City/Sosua Lights.   The 2nd main reason is,  even when he was open, the absence of clients for chicas,  meant the absence of chicks coming all of the way down there looking for work.   

Remember,  The Sports Complex wasnt that far from Ahnvee, and yet Ahnvee had some degree of success in attracting both women and men to their complex.   One main reason is,  it worked out better is because they had a hotel.   And guys filled the place up, which subsequently attracted the chicas.    During the pandemic, Ahnvee started allowing chicas to stay at Ahnvee at a reduced rate.   This brought a volume of chicas and men to the complex.     Plus, I wouldnt be surprised if Ahnvee paid the piper and jumped through all of the hoops and hurdles that were put in place in order to maintain being open.   

But I think that connection with the authorities whatever it was , ended up being short lived.   Another reason, and this is merely my opinion.  Ahnvee and the Sports Complex were both heavy competition for the Club in Playa Chiquita which happens to be connected to the current mayor.   He's got the power to make sure none of these places take business away from his own project, and what he's got going on.   

One last cherry on top?   The possibility that there is no close knit relationship business or otherwise between the mayor who is Dominican, and Dave who is Puerto Rican.   Cant have no Puerto Rican outshining the Dominicans in their own town.    So if they allowed Dave to run his business, and they take a hefty cut, that will make up for , the club in Playa Chiquita if it loses business.    As long as Dave remains closed,  Playa Chiquita doesnt have to worry about any Puerto Rican competition.   
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:32:22 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

jd66

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2023, 03:12:12 PM »
Murano has good info on the topic and he got it straight from the horses mouth

I heard something similar in regards to the cut of the action and David refused to pay it.

Oh and that person wanting that cut was none other than Willie the fair mayor of Sosua.   Doesn't surprise me one bit.

As you might remember the plan was to force all of the night life action to north end of town and David made the effort to make the move
All the other places downtown either shut down or converted to a bar/restaurant in order to remain open

Then the pandemic set in and drastically changed the time line for both construction and how things were to be operated in Sosua

It's a nice place and at some point might make a return.  My understanding is that David does not have to rely on his "bar businesses" in Sosua for his income.

The police station across the street isn't much of a factor, it is just a station for the tourist police there is no jail there other than perhaps a few holding cells

Silkyslim75

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 09:04:13 PM »
Thank You for all of the verified information.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2023, 10:26:53 PM »
I am gonna go with unforced error.

Clearly no business plan. Way overbuilt, terrible location chosen because of a rumour, poor design with no off street parking, a failure.

Claiming he could not make a go of it because he refused to come up with the pizzo is a bit of a stretch and probably his way of saving face over the massive f--k up.

It should be no issue to cover ALL the bills if the place is doing any business.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal