global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Puerto Plata Airport (POP)  (Read 779 times)

Pussyrus1422

Puerto Plata Airport (POP)
« on: February 05, 2023, 12:40:40 PM »
Please be advised........

POP airport will be closed starting Monday 8th May,  with the plan to re open Wednesday 17th May 2023 .

This is the 2nd phase on the runway reserviced work which was originally started over one year ago.

2Up

Jett

Re: Puerto Plata Airport (POP)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 09:54:32 PM »
Much appreciated for the notice. I was looking to visit the north coast during this time. However, even if the airport was open, there's no way in hell I'm paying $3,500 for a roundtrip ticket from California. If I go to STI, it's cheaper but then that's almost a grand when I factor the taxi from STI to the coast.

The annual DR trip is cancelled for 2023.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 11:29:20 PM »
Much appreciated for the notice. I was looking to visit the north coast during this time. However, even if the airport was open, there's no way in hell I'm paying $3,500 for a roundtrip ticket from California. If I go to STI, it's cheaper but then that's almost a grand when I factor the taxi from STI to the coast.

The annual DR trip is cancelled for 2023.

IMO, time-wise, I think flying from Cali all the way to DR is just crazy. If I lived out in Cali, I wouldn’t do it. I would have to make Mexico (which is much closer), work.

Jett

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 02:14:04 AM »
You're right Poon, I'm already on it.

Mexico has been my replacement go-to for the past year and a half. The DR will always be a special place for me but the 9 hour flights with 2 or more layovers is too just much. Thankfully, I can get to just about anywhere in Mexico flying direct in just under 3 hours at half the cost of a DR road trip. If you know how to move you can travel just about anywhere.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal