global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Why the f--k are these airline prices so terrible!  (Read 1020 times)

Coochie93

Why the f--k are these airline prices so terrible!
« on: January 22, 2023, 03:04:38 PM »
I'm flying from Cleveland, whole month of February is at the lowest 600-700 and the highest costing a grand, this for STI not even POP. March also looking high as well!

tugboaboat5393

Re: Why the f--k are these airline prices so terrible!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 03:25:52 PM »
Yes f--king brutal,funny i am  down here now for 45 days .  however wanted to bail a week early they wanted 500 usd to change ticket for an early  flight  GTFOH,, so im here for the duration  lucked out one way was $236,sti to boston   !no sense in spending the exstra 500 Sirs do a seach at least a month out check all the discount air fare web sites set fare alerts or cash in your milage points !the only good thing seems to have cut some of the weekend warriors out of the picture !

Snowman

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 06:36:29 PM »
I have a America Airlines and a JetBlue credit cards. I use for pretty much for everything and play them off monthly. I have about 400k in airmiles. I used existing American Airlines Air miles to fly from Washington DC to STI and back. Using AA airline miles l only had to pay the flight taxes of ($120.00 round trip and $60.00 for my bags. The extra drive from STI sucks but well worth it to save travel $$ and most important saving air miles for trips.

BLAZEBOY

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 08:13:18 PM »
That Jetblue Plus card is my best friend. You get free baggage with that card. I use it for everything and pay it off after a few days. Im amazed how these dudes do all this traveling but never get a travel card for some perks.
Keep It Movin!

Snowman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 09:16:47 PM »
I will be using JetBlue airmiles for my April 2023 trip to STI 😎✈️

PoonTangClan

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 10:19:09 PM »
Flights have been f--ked up for a minute, right on down to the flight times. Smh. I’ve been having trouble finding a decent itinerary to fly.

Travelguy90

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 11:52:47 PM »
Flights to Santiago used to always be cheap. Now some spirit flights cost more money than a JetBlue or AA flight to POP somehow. I managed to get a sub 300 ticket but I required SDQ
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

TravelYoda

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 11:30:14 AM »
DR has no real national airline as locals don't really travel north (if out of the country at all) so most of the people entering are US/CAN based. Perfect monopoly/price fixing situation. Airlines like AA United Jetblue even dial back on the number of flights they do in the season to control the price instead of cutting deals to encourage travel. You'll find deals in SDQ, but F that 4 hour drive. That new airline Arajet, is aiming to fix that, but none of their routes go to the US yet. I rode them from SDQ to BOG, and the flight was half empty and they only fly to these cities 2/3 times a week.

Dothedamthing

If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 11:58:30 AM »
The airports in DR are privately operated and POP has always been more expensive to fly into than other spots.

Add into this the demand this year, "revenge tourism".  All the Canadians who missed their winter vacation last couple of years have been buying flights like crazy. Fuel costs, staff shortages, other inflationary influences, all adds up.

I think it will be a couple of years before we see prices to POP that we consider affordable again.

Bat Man

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 12:31:19 PM »
DR has no real national airline as locals don't really travel north (if out of the country at all) so most of the people entering are US/CAN based. Perfect monopoly/price fixing situation. Airlines like AA United Jetblue even dial back on the number of flights they do in the season to control the price instead of cutting deals to encourage travel. You'll find deals in SDQ, but F that 4 hour drive. That new airline Arajet, is aiming to fix that, but none of their routes go to the US yet. I rode them from SDQ to BOG, and the flight was half empty and they only fly to these cities 2/3 times a week.

Some buds flew to Colombia from SDQ using Arajet said the flight was empty but decent and cheap.

I think there's a market for guys who go back and forth from DR to Colombia.

ToToMarauder

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 01:32:59 PM »
jetfuel has gone up and they have to work around that in order to make a profit.
binary thinking at its best

stinqu

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 04:53:31 PM »
The airports in DR are privately operated and POP has always been more expensive to fly into than other spots.

Add into this the demand this year, "revenge tourism".  All the Canadians who missed their winter vacation last couple of years have been buying flights like crazy. Fuel costs, staff shortages, other inflationary influences, all adds up.

I think it will be a couple of years before we see prices to POP that we consider affordable again.
Don't know that "revenge tourism" from Canadians added much to the price jump, we always payed more to start with.Fuel, airport fees and tax increases account for most of it. The larger U.S. market for flights to Sun Destination drove the competition. When demand dried up so did the number of flights/week, hence the mass lay-offs of staff. Large companies, like airlines, can not react quickly to meet market changes, nor do I think they want to. High demand, low supply= more profit, ECON 101

murano2010

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 10:04:01 PM »
jetfuel has gone up and they have to work around that in order to make a profit.
Jetblue just raised their price on me by $30 while I was awaiting payment confirmation.  My pymt was stuck in processing, not going through. 

I was forced to leave that page, and start over again.   Once signed in again, I go back to booking the flight, only to see the price went up.   WTF? 

The same thing happened last Nov with another booking on another site.   One of my flight legs was cancelled, forcing me to choose a whole new itinerary.  Price tag for the change?  $700 more to my original itinerary.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 10:06:21 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 11:51:56 PM »
Jetblue just raised their price on me by $30 while I was awaiting payment confirmation.  My pymt was stuck in processing, not going through. 

I was forced to leave that page, and start over again.   Once signed in again, I go back to booking the flight, only to see the price went up.   WTF? 

The same thing happened last Nov with another booking on another site.   One of my flight legs was cancelled, forcing me to choose a whole new itinerary.  Price tag for the change?  $700 more to my original itinerary.
Give ma a break! lol, $700 MORE. LOLOLOL

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal