global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Traveling Solo - First Timer  (Read 3059 times)

PoonTangClan

Re: Traveling Solo - First Timer
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 10:19:47 PM »
20 days is a lot of time even for a first timer in the Sosua of today. Like someone else said I can't do more than 3-4 days at a time now but Im a "vet". My advice would be to take a break somedays from chasing chicas and move around a bit. You will get mentally drained just doing that.  Spend some time in Caberete which has a totally different vibe and take the bus to Santo Domingo for a few days.

I agree with this👆. Harlem, if you’re gonna be in DR for 20 days, you should skip around and spend some time in different cities. If it’s just about the hoes, you’ll get burned out and bored in just a matter of days.

Personally, my stays vary in length depending on how far or how familiar the destination is. A place like Brazil for example, is far, so I wouldn’t fly all the way out there just to stay a week. Maybe 12-14 days tops for me.

I’ve been to DR numerous times, so it’s gotten to the point where I’m not even staying there for a solid week anymore. 5 days tops, lately.

I do have a feeling that with your vegan diet, that you might get fed up in DR and cut your 20-day stay short. There is no place worth staying for a prolonged period if you can’t eat and be satisfied. 💯

stinqu

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 02:26:36 PM »
It all depends on where your from, none US. citizens may not have that access. I'm Canadian and bank with Soctia Bank, the mark-up is .25% on my debit card, but only 10,000 pesos a day, only branches close to me in P.P or Cabarete. Lately I started using Moneygram to send my self money before I go, the exchange is 1/2 what I would pay bringing Canadian currency.

Is it 10,000 a day or 10,000 a transaction and.... Not 100% sure they do not add the transaction fee at the ATM.

Back to Scotia, I have a Scotia Card (but not from Canada) and went into the bank in Cabarete. I was able to withdraw more than 10,000 at the teller but I needed to show my passport.
ATM limit was 10,000/ day, no fee. Did not try the tellers as my Spanish is weak.

jd66

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 04:41:31 PM »
The ATM limit is per transaction not per day
You can do that 10,000 RD over and over if you want to

However, your ATM card that you have with you bank likely has a daily limit that you will be allowed to withdraw per day.

bangoskank

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2023, 09:31:39 AM »
Google is your friend. This should give you guidance and answer most of your questions concerning ATM withdrawals. You will need to check with your bank and the individual ATMs that you were using.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/banking/atm-withdrawal-limits/

Viva La Vega

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2023, 10:32:34 AM »
Not all machines/issuing banks are created equal.

I have a few cards that I use. I know they all have a $2000 daily limit.

It only happens at one ATM, BanReserva I think, can't remember which card, but I asked for $20k Pesos, it said I was over my daily limit, could not get $10k, could not get $5K but it would give me $2000RD.

Thinking there was something lost in the dollar/peso language transaction.

stinqu

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2023, 03:31:39 PM »
Not all machines/issuing banks are created equal.

I have a few cards that I use. I know they all have a $2000 daily limit.

It only happens at one ATM, BanReserva I think, can't remember which card, but I asked for $20k Pesos, it said I was over my daily limit, could not get $10k, could not get $5K but it would give me $2000RD.

Thinking there was something lost in the dollar/peso language transaction.
Viva, ran into the same thing before, turned out it was not the bank, but that the ATM was low on cash so limited what any one person could get.

Fuci76

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2023, 08:26:40 AM »
 I was planning my first trip to arrive next month. The cheapest and easiest way to get there from the UK seems to be flying into Santo Domingo, while it is Sosua I really want to go to. I'm doing 14 days so I can take the time to travel. What is the safest and cheapest way of travelling to Sosua from SD?
I have already kicked off a chat with a chica in San Cristobal on a dating app. She's talking about meeting me at the airport. Wonder what the likelyhood is of her being a pro, or will it be free?
Is San Cristobal good for mongering also?

vacationtime

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2023, 09:25:37 AM »
safest/ cheapest transportation is by but- caribe tours or metro bus. chances are your girl from san cristobal will be a pro/semi-pro. have fun

Fuci76

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2023, 07:30:19 PM »
Thanks ! Looks like I will have to fly home out of Punta Cano, a long way from Sosua. Pro or semi pro, ok cool. A good question actually, I see blurred lines between a date and money coming into it, Pro or semi or not - and how can you tell the difference?

Viva La Vega

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2023, 08:51:25 PM »
Thanks ! Looks like I will have to fly home out of Punta Cano, a long way from Sosua. Pro or semi pro, ok cool. A good question actually, I see blurred lines between a date and money coming into it, Pro or semi or not - and how can you tell the difference?

Check for flights LHR to JFK (MIA, CLT) and then direct to POP. Will likely be on two tickets, and you may need to overnight on the outbound (red eye on the way home) but easier, and possibly the total will be cheaper than your flight to SDQ and for sure the return from PUJ.

BTW the difference between a pro and no pro is it costs way more to be with a non pro. 

Pussyrus1422

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 09:49:01 PM »
I was planning my first trip to arrive next month. The cheapest and easiest way to get there from the UK seems to be flying into Santo Domingo, while it is Sosua I really want to go to. I'm doing 14 days so I can take the time to travel. What is the safest and cheapest way of travelling to Sosua from SD?
I have already kicked off a chat with a chica in San Cristobal on a dating app. She's talking about meeting me at the airport. Wonder what the likelyhood is of her being a pro, or will it be free?
Is San Cristobal good for mongering also?

Try Skyscanner or Google Flights and research out of Gatwick or Heathrow to  Puerto Plata (POP).
Many UK flights connect to JFK, Miami, or Boston using JetBlue, and AA for arrival into POP, and return.

https://www.skyscanner.net/
https://www.google.com/travel/flights

As far as your girl is concern, San Cristobal is not an area where mongering or tourist would be found. As far as her meeting you at the airport and not knowing if she is a pro or not should be the last thing you should arrange. If you get to Sosua alone and want to arrange with her to visit for a couple of days, that would be your way to establish what she would expect to receive. 

All locals including this girl knows why men go to Sosua for, and it's not because the beer is colder. Also if she has to take a Caribe Tours bus up north it will only cost you less than $10 dollars each way. Also, you should consider if things go south with her or anyone else in Sosua, pay them and send them packing and get with someone else on your list.

As stated above , try to fly into POP as Punta Cana return would be almost one full day from Sosua in travel time, and Santo Domngo takes 4 -6 hours from airport to the north.
Another option for the arrival airport closer to Sosua is Santiago (STI) which you may find a lot cheaper and travel time less than POP. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 10:24:18 PM by Pussyrus1422 »

stinqu

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 05:45:58 PM »
Depending on your arrival time, getting a bus to Sosua could be a problem if your on a late flight.

stinqu

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2023, 06:18:05 PM »
Ask for her WhatsApp number, or Instagram, get her full name then see if shes on Facebook. Check out Dominican Cupid "San Ctistobal" to see if shes there. If she asks for bus fare, tell her to send you a photo of her "CEDULA" , Dominican I.D. so you can money gram some pesos, 1,000 is more than enough. You have to be sly to figure out her game, ask her for photos (play on her vanity),if she sends them, tell she is amazing "please send more. Don't look at her, but where they were taken, Chicas love to take selfies in night club bathrooms ( because they are well lit), you get the idea.

Fuci76

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2023, 05:53:22 PM »

Try Skyscanner or Google Flights and research out of Gatwick or Heathrow to  Puerto Plata (POP).
Many UK flights connect to JFK, Miami, or Boston using JetBlue, and AA for arrival into POP, and return.

https://www.skyscanner.net/
https://www.google.com/travel/flights

As far as your girl is concern, San Cristobal is not an area where mongering or tourist would be found. As far as her meeting you at the airport and not knowing if she is a pro or not should be the last thing you should arrange. If you get to Sosua alone and want to arrange with her to visit for a couple of days, that would be your way to establish what she would expect to receive. 

All locals including this girl knows why men go to Sosua for, and it's not because the beer is colder. Also if she has to take a Caribe Tours bus up north it will only cost you less than $10 dollars each way. Also, you should consider if things go south with her or anyone else in Sosua, pay them and send them packing and get with someone else on your list.

As stated above , try to fly into POP as Punta Cana return would be almost one full day from Sosua in travel time, and Santo Domngo takes 4 -6 hours from airport to the north.
Another option for the arrival airport closer to Sosua is Santiago (STI) which you may find a lot cheaper and travel time less than POP.
Hi, thanks. Unfortunately my flight options are limited because POP and STI seem only to have flights that transit via the USA airports you mention. To enter or even transit the USA you have to be vaccinated, which is something I refuse to do for reasons that are off topic. Until Biden etc stops this communist policy the USA is off my radar, I'm afraid, but no matter!

I've booked my flights via sky scanner, coming in via Santo Domingo, going out via Punta Cana. I guess I will have to go full tourist mode and see a lot of stuff by bus on the way, with the last night in PC. Does anyone know chica friendly hotels in Sosua? I have no other chicas on the list, the trip is going to be very last minute, so I had better get cracking on the dating apps now over there LOL

Fuci76

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2023, 06:01:41 PM »
Depending on your arrival time, getting a bus to Sosua could be a problem if your on a late flight.
I'm getting in at 20:00
This chica is 40, she doesn't look it. She just told me she has cancer. I know no more than that, but I'm expecting to be asked to help her pay medical bills or something next. If that happens I'll block her. Got her whatsapp yes but not FB. Moneygram I have no account, I think cashapp is popular and I do have one of those. I think this is a bad start to the DM dating :-\
Dominican Cupid? Is this any different to any other dating app, eg are they mainly pros on there?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:03:50 PM by Fuci76 »

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal