global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Live Bachata At Atlanta Lights in POP  (Read 4430 times)

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
Live Bachata At Atlanta Lights in POP
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »
Gotta give dude props for bringing the local flavor to his spot.  This is something that Sosua used to have more of back in the day.

https://youtu.be/MhgJReJTAfw
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

lazy_monger

Re: Live Bachata At Atlanta Lights in POP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:59:24 AM »
Gotta give dude props for bringing the local flavor to his spot.  This is something that Sosua used to have more of back in the day.

https://youtu.be/MhgJReJTAfw

It is a good move targeting the locals.   

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 10:22:48 AM »
The other restaurant dude, down in Sosua, is probably fuming at this point...

You mean Flop?  This looks way better than that spot.  Never been to Flop but their food might be better there plus you got the beach and chicas, but Atl Lights has potential for what it is.

MrNavigator

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »

You mean Flop?  This looks way better than that spot.  Never been to Flop but their food might be better there plus you got the beach and chicas, but Atl Lights has potential for what it is.

Why would "Flop" be mad about Atlanta Lightts doing okay so far?? He has a steady stream NYC "groupies" who go to his spot religiously and put money in his pockets daily! He shouldn't give a fuk..

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »
Just hearing the constant "Welcome to Flip Flop" is enough to attract newbies and curious people...Its a good technique!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MrNavigator

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:58:59 AM »
Just hearing the constant "Welcome to Flip Flop" is enough to attract newbies and curious people...Its a good technique!

Well it's far better than hearing "HAAAAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAYYY" every time you walk by! For those who have been going to SOSUA for more than 5 years know that the place used to be called Happy Birthday B&G.

That shit was aggravating...

MrNavigator

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 11:06:37 AM »

Yeah.  Don't you remember that goofy-ass video he made about how Cole stole "his idea," how he put "him on" in the DR, and how Atlanta Lights wouldn't make it?   

Of course he took the video down.

How much more "BAMA" can you get. Don't these klowns realize that the more people who are successful WHO LOOK LIKE YOU in the DR...the BETTER??!!

Why would you want to be the only brother making it happen....makes you a target.

The Traveler

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 11:24:17 AM »
He pulls in the Dominicans and maybe cruise ships, he got it. Just saw a video of a big crew at his spot. Getting Dominican talent to perform is big!

MrNavigator

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

Yeah.  Don't you remember that goofy-ass video he made about how Cole stole "his idea," how he put "him on" in the DR, and how Atlanta Lights wouldn't make it?   

How much more "BAMA" can you get. Don't these klowns realize that the more people who are successful WHO LOOK LIKE YOU in the DRpthe BETTER??!!

Why would you want to be the only brother making it happen....makes you a target.

It's called the "Only-One" syndrome.   Some folks actually take pride in that shit.

I remember when you first had foreigners opening businesses that catered to blacks. They used to get f--ked with all the time (racial abuse, thefts, robberies, assaults). Then years ago in my city and around the country the Indians, then the Chinese n Koreans now it's the Arabs banded to get together with their own likeness and  started opening and taking over all the stores!

Now you can't f--k with them cuz they own damn near everything! Now Imagine if they all had that same "syndrome" those bamas got.....they would have been gotten ran outta here!

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 11:42:39 AM »

Like I said, never been to Flop but I haven't heard anything bad about it either.  I've heard people say the food is good.

As far as the drama, yeah I remember the whole "me and my Compton boys" stuff, but it seems like Cole was in a better position to make it happen.  Actions speak louder than words.

Everyone has their own lane.  For some it is catering to the monger crowd in Sosua.  Atl Lights has the potential to be a spot that isn't reliant on gringos or mongers for success.  We shall see, as this was only one event.  But it shows that Cole seems to be moving in the right direction.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:27 PM »

How much more "BAMA" can you get. Don't these klowns realize that the more people who are successful WHO LOOK LIKE YOU in the DRpthe BETTER??!!

It's called the "Only-One" syndrome.   Some folks actually take pride in that shit.

I remember when you first had foreigners opening businesses that catered to blacks. They used to get f--ked with all the time (racial abuse, thefts, robberies, assaults). Then years ago in my city and around the country the Indians, then the Chinese n Koreans now it's the Arabs banded to get together with their own likeness and  started opening and taking over all the stores!

Now you can't f--k with them cuz they own damn near everything! Now Imagine if they all had that same "syndrome" those bamas got.....they would have been gotten ran outta here!

You are 100% correct.  And I hate say it, but I have all but given up on any organizing and collaborating when it comes to business.   It's tough to start a business with a "black face" on it, in a black neighborhood-- your so-called people won't support it, and those who are different will unconsciously support their own.   

A lesson I learned from my ex-wife-- the workaround is to put a non-black face on the business and manage it in the shadows.
I don't think he's that factual...sure shit happens but it's not the standard. I have known plenty of black busineses in black neighborhoods that continue to do well.  Growing up I experience the same thing and with no sign or whispers of any black negativity against them. Just negative talk here.  I and countless others support black business and will always support black business...despite whatever negativity gets shared by naysayers. I find that here on this site, the majority support black businesses.  The minority throws shade. Black businesses have always thrived and I appreciate that as blacks continue to grow their own businesses.  Knowing this makes me proud...and haters cringe.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Viva La Vega

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »
All hat, no cattle.

The place is bone average and the dude is a windbag. "The best..." "The #1..." " we have the best..." "the # 1 restaurant and lounge in Puerto Plata". It ain't.

I have ZERO time for folks in the hospitality industry who lack humility and think they are doing you a favour by providing you a service.

The guy rubbed me the wrong way the first couple of videos, and lack of understanding about how to operate a restaurant, let alone doing so at a profit, is glaring. I called it a train wreck before it opened and all the customers got arrested, my position stays the same. He will be looking for a way out in the near future, an investor or group of them (don't be that guy) or some excuse about being busy and having to focus on other shit... But it's coming.

The decor is no better than a decent car wash (check the new Flow), hand painted signs for the bathrooms, which were not especially clean, had plywood partitions, and open drains, and... No paper towels or even a dispenser. Reminded me of the old Rumbas. If it were not for the fact they actually did have toilet seats i would have thought i was in Cuba.

A stupid pedestrian menu, how can you be the "#1 restaurant in Puerto Plata" when all you serve is a couple of salads a  burger some chicken dishes and cheese bread?

Plenty of windows that with the sun need to be cleaned everyday. Looked they had not had a decent cleaning in weeks. The kitchen is not maintained in a way that you would want windows and a big open door for folks to see.

It was done on the cheap, it's cheesy, and i am not looking for the group to line up and say "welcome to Atlanta Lights" when i arrive, but a hello from someone would have been nice. I would be hard pressed to put it in the top 25 of restaurants in Puerto Plata, let alone number 1.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »
^^^ You've obviously been and have more knowledge than most.  I'm not a big fan of Cole either but I'm pulling for him because he is trying and didn't seem to go into this without some critical thinking skills and knowledge of the environment unlike the guy that got popped in Barranquilla. 

It's an uphill effort and the cards are stacked against him.  I see them wanting to be a bar more than a restaurant.  I think it's easy to root against Cole because he comes across a little creepy, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and everyone can improve.

MrNavigator

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »
Some of us deal in facts and reality and some of us deal in "feel good" rah rah talk for speeches and movies. When you hear people talk you can tell what side they are on and sometimes it's better to leave conversations alone when you have no clue about It or as they say....STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE.

When I hear certain topics that im NOT ashamed to say I'm n expert in, I keep quiet. Like when I hear dudes on hear talk about bitcoin and cryptocurrency ....I don't say much cuz that's NOT MY LANE. I rather learn than just say something just to say it.

When it comes to BUSINESS....that's MY LANE and what Lurker said is 100 percent correct in the states. Also when it comes to the stupid stuff those dudes in the DR doing and not working with each other....well ALL that's PUBLIC knowledge.

These dudes have made videos tearing each other down FOR YEARS NOW.....that's FACTS NOT NAYSAYING! If you need the links I will find them for you. I've been there IN PERSON and watch dudes who do business down there tear each other down at a time when I considered doing business there and they didn't know it. It's bad enough doing it in the U.S.......but in a foreign country where they don't care for black Americans, STUPID.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 01:11:33 PM »

These dudes have made videos tearing each other down FOR YEARS NOW.....that's FACTS NOT NAYSAYING! If you need the links I will find them for you. I've been there IN PERSON and watch dudes who do business down there tear each other down at a time when I considered doing business there and they didn't know it. It's bad enough doing it in the U.S.......but in a foreign country where they don't care for black Americans, STUPID.

Valid point.  I think the whole Youtube thing has really exposed a lot of the hate and disfunction in the community down there.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal