global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Emergency medical back up plans!  (Read 985 times)

tugboaboat5393

Emergency medical back up plans!
« on: January 29, 2024, 09:09:17 AM »
OK Sirs a fellow monger had to bail early back to the states severe diareah, stomachs cramps was supose stay till April,,,,So are any of these expat insurance plans worth it, do you try and get local donimican haelth in surance iof you a frequent visitor,do you avoid hospytials at all cost.  Thought Sirs !

Eggie202

• maybe I can wash it off real quick ????
Re: Emergency medical back up plans!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 02:20:33 PM »
Was this dude down there drinking or brushing his teeth with their water or something? If so bad move. Even then he could've just walked into a pharmacy and copped some 1000 miligram ampicillin and it would clear up in a matter of hours. First stop for anyone down there is the convenience store to buy as much bottled water as you can carry. If it was some other personal ailment nvm and carry on.   

crazy_canuck

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 05:17:47 PM »
When I travel, I always take a travel insurance with the Blue Cross. If you stay longer than a few weeks, it's cheaper to get a dominican health insurance ... I know many expats who live there all year long or more than 6 months at a time are doing it.
It only boils down to how do you feel confortable without it.
The dude tug is talking about would have not been in the obligation to return home for simple stomach problems if he had an insurance ... he could have gone to any reputable clinic around Puerto Plata like the Bournigal or CMC and get the medical attention he needed.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

stinqu

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 07:29:26 PM »
I got very sick in 2019, (was there for 4 months) my chica took me to the local nurse(at her home) for treatment, the consult was 200 pesos, told my chica what to get from the pharmacy (1000p) for the first shot in the ass of antibiotics, the next 6 I got from a pharmacy in PP for 500/per+100/ injection and another 2000 for 10 days oral meds. Turned out I had Pneumonia Yes I had full insurance coverage. I went to the Sosua private hospital first, and the first thing they ask was for my credit card. My chica shook her head and we walked the 3 blocks to the nurses house.

Just_A_Guy

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:20 PM »
Was this dude down there drinking or brushing his teeth with their water or something? If so bad move. Even then he could've just walked into a pharmacy and copped some 1000 miligram ampicillin and it would clear up in a matter of hours. First stop for anyone down there is the convenience store to buy as much bottled water as you can carry. If it was some other personal ailment nvm and carry on.

Not drinking/brushing teeth with their water helps... but that's low hanging fruit.

I'd say the actual culprit in most cases is lack of washing/sanitizing hands before eating and/or touching your face.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 08:56:05 PM »
Good question probably so ingested bad water then thought he could tough it out,, yes getting the meds in your system asap would possible help him before getting that sick !

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 08:59:17 PM »
I got very sick in 2019, (was there for 4 months) my chica took me to the local nurse(at her home) for treatment, the consult was 200 pesos, told my chica what to get from the pharmacy (1000p) for the first shot in the ass of antibiotics, the next 6 I got from a pharmacy in PP for 500/per+100/ injection and another 2000 for 10 days oral meds. Turned out I had Pneumonia Yes I had full insurance coverage. I went to the Sosua private hospital first, and the first thing they ask was for my credit card. My chica shook her head and we walked the 3 blocks to the nurses house.
Thers a good exsample of a decent chica that will help you out so you dont get got !

stinqu

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 10:25:31 PM »
Thers a good exsample of a decent chica that will help you out so you dont get got !
Yes, she was all that, until my next trip, and tried to cash in on being "nice to me,  She tried to play me hard. DON;T FALL FOR IT!!!

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 02:48:59 PM »
Funny the word play, haha i was pressing one of my regular chicas a bout spending habits she got annoyed and blurted out your playing me hehe these chicas know the game inside and out  dont be that sucker and get played by ruthless chicas  , there are so many chicas that have hose love sick puppys,,,guys get dropped like hot potatoes' once the money runs out,, the simps end up holding an empty wallet and a sore dick  hehe dont be a victim !

stinqu

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2024, 03:50:57 PM »
To not be "that guy", you have stay detached, never let a chica get comfortable.That's why a good rotation is so important.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »
Tis an eye for an eye and the have and have nots , MOs SOP ! Yah once in a while you find a diamond in rough, buts its a unicorn !

BigDicDirks

• All Access
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2024, 10:20:21 AM »
New to this forum, but not new to DR and have traveled to 30+ countries. I have a standing prescription with my doctor for Ciprofloxacin. When I travel, I get a bottle and if I feel a little off I'll start taking it until the pills are gone. When I was in Thailand I got super sick one day and started taking it. In 24 hours I was right as rain and back on the streets being a degenerate.

stinqu

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 04:25:47 PM »
You can get perscription medication much cheaper in the DR. no problem. Had a problem many years back, (dropped my blood pressure pills,in you the sink), took the bottle to the pharmacy and got a refill, I think it was 3-400 pesos for the generic version of what I was taking.

HitandRun

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 05:48:49 PM »
if your guy had diarrhea etc, how did he make in the airports and plane without shitting himself?
most will go back home because they don't speak any Spanish and do not have anyone to take them to medical.
so back to the states they go.
all is easy until you get sick.
each post turns into a bad chica.
you guys just make bad chica choices.

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 06:09:02 PM »
I can only think he must have been a newbie traveler.Guys that have traveled allot know how to deal with such things, even if your language skills are poor, just ask, people will help you, no problem.Dominicans are compassionate people and will often go out of their way to help a person in need.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal