global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Taxi between Sosua/Puerto Plata and Sosua/Cabarete  (Read 325 times)

bingoman

Taxi between Sosua/Puerto Plata and Sosua/Cabarete
« on: April 23, 2024, 02:16:30 PM »
I am planning to go for daytrips from the base in Sosua and one of them might involve lugging the large suitcase.

Please can you tell me latest taxi rates to these two ? I understand I can take the shared one from near the Texaco but not sure how much I should pay.

Thanks !

Pussyrus1422

Re: Taxi between Sosua/Puerto Plata and Sosua/Cabarete
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 05:09:48 PM »
I am planning to go for daytrips from the base in Sosua and one of them might involve lugging the large suitcase.

Please can you tell me latest taxi rates to these two ? I understand I can take the shared one from near the Texaco but not sure how much I should pay.

Thanks !

The shared ones across from Texaco are called Publicos, or a carrito. Daytime Sosua to Puerto Plata is 100 pesos, after 7pm is 125.....Sosua to Cabarete I believe is the same.

bingoman

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 06:53:19 AM »
Thank you !

sosuajefe

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 07:44:11 AM »
Yeah don’t take a gringo taxi unless u want to pay a premium

Viva La Vega

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 09:07:48 AM »

Thanks !

The shared ones across from Texaco are called Publicos, or a carrito. Daytime Sosua to Puerto Plata is 100 pesos, after 7pm is 125.....Sosua to Cabarete I believe is the same.

Pay double for the front seat on your own, otherwise in the front you will have someone on your lap or be one of four if sitting the back.

bingoman

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 02:48:01 PM »

Thanks !
If it is a decent enough chick on my lap, I won't object ! I suppose it will be too late to pay double by the time they get in  ;D

Pay double for the front seat on your own, otherwise in the front you will have someone on your lap or be one of four if sitting the back.

stinqu

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 02:59:41 PM »
Got a chica that works late some nights in P.P. pays a publico 500 p. to bring her to my door in Su.They are not suppose to, but!!! Publico's run point A to B and drop you off, that's it! 100 p. can get you to P.P. or Cabarte.

bingoman

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 10:54:38 PM »
Got a chica that works late some nights in P.P. pays a publico 500 p. to bring her to my door in Su.They are not suppose to, but!!! Publico's run point A to B and drop you off, that's it! 100 p. can get you to P.P. or Cabarte.

Thank you !

bingoman

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 07:03:57 AM »
Just as an update, the Sosua taxi guys charged $35 for dropping me off in Puerto Plata. However, the Puerto Plata taxi guy charged me 2800 pesos for a two way trip. Thankfully I didn't take a publico, otherwise I might have been caught out in the rain

stinqu

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 01:55:09 PM »
Just as an update, the Sosua taxi guys charged $35 for dropping me off in Puerto Plata. However, the Puerto Plata taxi guy charged me 2800 pesos for a two way trip. Thankfully I didn't take a publico, otherwise I might have been caught out in the rain
That's a fair price, hope you kept his number!

bingoman

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 09:45:33 AM »
First thing I did was to save his number. He is not a great driver though and his car is old. But did not even ask for propina

Travelguy90

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 03:16:13 PM »
Ive done similar. Paid 100 to POP then when everyone got off I offered about 200-300 to go specifically where I wanted
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

stinqu

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 03:50:41 PM »
YES! no need to pay the taxi mafia stupid prices!!!! I think every one should try public transport at least once, just for the fun of it,JAJAJAJA. The gua gua buses are an adventure.

bingoman

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2024, 04:01:42 PM »
Planning to do this if the weather is ok this week. Getting stuck in one of those vans in the middle of heavy rain is not something I want to do. Unless a pretty chick is sitting next to me

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2024, 04:36:29 PM »
If you want to check the weather forecast use "Weartherunderground" Sosua. The weather station is at PP airport. Pro tip, if the forecast for rain is less than 50%, it may not rain on you at all, or if it does, just passing showers.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal