global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED? OR THINGS CHICAS DID TO MAKE YOU LAUGH?  (Read 35258 times)

murano2010

Re: WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED? OR THINGS CHICAS DID TO MAKE YOU LAUGH?
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2021, 06:53:04 AM »
Disclaimer!    New to me here in the DR, may not be new to you.   I have finally realized that the DR is progressing a little more as time passes.   For now, I'm talking about being able to do contact less payments at certain stores.   That means using debit or credit cards where you do not have to swipe or insert the card at the register. 

You just hover the card over the terminal, and within seconds the transaction is complete.  At some payment terminals you may still have to sign or input a pin code ( but not always ). 

But this is what I am really hyped about.   I recently signed up for Samsung Pay, and subsequently signed up for Google Pay.  I never felt I needed to use those services here in the DR.  Basically because most places/businesses never had the equipment so you could use those services.   BUT NOW?   These contactless payment terminals are popping up all over the place.   I use my fingerprint to log into my phone, and then into Samsung Pay.   Select the card you wish to pay with , and hover the phone over the sensor.   Thats it!  You get handed your receipt and you are out of the door.

I know all of the registers at the Playero in Sosua have them.   Supa Pola and of course La Sirena in PP.   Went to Jumbo yesterday and paid for my stuff on Samsung Pay with my phone.   Something else that I did which I didnt know you could do before,  is add your membership/loyalty cards which have a barcode on them.   So I have my Playero and La Sirena loyalty cards setup within Samsung Pay.    So now,  I dont have to worry about not having my store card,  I just use my phone to scan my Store card,  and then switch to my Charles Schwab DC in Samsung Pay to pay for my stuff.   

If the terminal asks am I paying in pesos or USD,  of course i choose pesos.   The reason I am excited about this here in the DR, is because pesos get drained from your pocket very quickly.   Most places,  like at restaurants, on the beach, a taxi, a moto , of course cash is king.  No problem paying cash.   But in the supermercados , La Sirena or Jumbo , even PriceSmart in Santiago,  I can just use my phone for everything.   I even have my PriceSmart membership card logged into Samsung Pay.   I have yet to test it out,  but I will 1st chance I get.

All of my trips to the supermercados for groceries etc,  using my Samsung Pay keeps more pesos in my pocket for other things.  That also means less trips to the ATM to get pesos to live on.   Less hassle of worrying about carrying around my Debit/Credit Card risking it getting lost, damaged, or stolen.    Store membership cards always available.   Dont have to carry it on me.   

Now what I wish most gas stations had, were machines where you can insert your card at the pump ( like most gas pumps in the states ),  rather than them using their little machine to swipe with.   Of course better yet,  I would want to use my phone and Samsung Pay to pay for gas.   Attendant can bring his gadget to me,  I whip out my phone,  and pay.   There is a strong possibility that those little machines at most gas stations may allow contactless payments.   I have to look into that as well.

I have two DR bank accounts. with their debit cards.  One card has the contact less symbol, the other does not.   The one that does not is my Banco Popular debit card.  Neither Samsung pay or Google Pay will accept them to make store purchases.   It seems I may have to go to these banks and sign up for it,  if it is available.    I'll start with the debit card that has the contact less symbol already on the card.   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:09:55 AM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »
When whatsapp pay comes on line, we wont need to use cash anymore. Your card is already accepted in70percent of the businesses in the DR
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

murano2010

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »
My Quote :

Now what I wish most gas stations had, were machines where you can insert your card at the pump ( like most gas pumps in the states ),  rather than them using their little machine to swipe with.   Of course better yet,  I would want to use my phone and Samsung Pay to pay for gas.   Attendant can bring his gadget to me,  I whip out my phone,  and pay.   There is a strong possibility that those little machines at most gas stations may allow contact less payments.   I have to look into that as well.

Samsung Pay using your phone works at the Texaco Gas station in Sosua.

I went to the Texaco Gas station in Sosua to get gas.   Asked for a fill up.   At this point, I am about to learn whether or not I can pay for my gas using Samsung Pay from my cell.   Attendant fills , and stops at 2500 pesos.   He's looking for me to give him cash or a CC/DC.   I do neither.  I show him my phone with the screen showing my DC on the Samsung Pay app.    He is probably somewhat confused about how I am going to pay if I dont hand him a physical card.   Normally he's used to being given a physical card in which to insert into or swipe the slot on his hand held payment terminal. 

He goes to get help from another attendant.  Both attendants sets up the machine to accept a card,  I do what I need to do to set up my phone for the quick scan/hover.   The terminal has a swipe slot and an insert slot for a card.   I hover the back of my phone to the swipe slot, and the terminal accepts and processes the transaction. 

They hand me my receipt and I'm done.   I was determined to use my Samsung Pay,  but I have to admit,  I was just as surprised as they were when the transaction went through.   Now that I know it works there,  this is just one more way to keep more pesos in my pocket,  leaving more pesos handy for other things.   

The best part is the exchange rate is at or slightly better than if I had exchanged money at Caribe Express, WU or Playero Supermercado. 

Earlier I had posted that Supa Pola has terminals that use contactless cards.  But the cashier told me that is NOT the case.  She said a physical card has to be inserted into or swiped on the machine.    The thing is.   The hand held terminal they use at the Texaco, that is NOT a contactless terminal.   But Samsung Pay uses a technology called MST.  Which will simulate a card swipe to a payment terminal.   

When the cashier at Supa Pola told me my card had to be inserted or swiped,  I put my phone away.  But had I persisted, I could have hovered my phone over the swipe slot, and maybe the transaction would have been accepted.   So that is something I will need to check out later.   But for now,  assume that a physical card has to be used for their payment terminals.     

What is MST Technology?
Magnetic Secure Transmission, or MST, is an advanced technology that helps power Samsung Pay. It generates a magnetic signal similar to that of a traditional payment card when swiped, providing the added convenience of being able to pay quickly on the go without having to reach for your wallet.

La Sirena has contact less payment terminals in their store.   Meaning you dont have to insert or swipe ,  just hover/scan your card.   But using these payment apps on your phone,  a card does not need to be used.      My buddy confirmed that Apple Pay on his Iphone worked flawlessly at La Sirena's payment terminals in PP.    The employee's nearby were in shock.   And I can vouch that Samsung Pay works there as well.   Including me scanning my La Sirena loyalty card that I have registered inside the Samsung Pay app.   

Oh and BTW I went to Supermercado Marinero ( on Highway 5 in Sabaneta ) the day before.   Paid for the groceries using Samsung Pay.   Their payment terminals were set up for contactless payment.   Some cashiers are not accustomed to this payment method being used with relative frequency,  so until they get used to it,  expect a lot of surprised employees.       
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »
When whatsapp pay comes on line, we wont need to use cash anymore. Your card is already accepted in70percent of the businesses in the DR
So the hoes are going to make you pay us dollars via contact less WhatsApp haha

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2021, 02:56:32 PM »
Yup and mongers better smarten up! Im already dealing with chicas that want dollars not pesos and I have to set them straight. Never forget to only deal in pesos!  So in the future keep paying the peso amount according to the exchange rate!

murano2010

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2021, 04:49:06 PM »
I feel guys should consider looking out more for themselves and their wallets.  Not simply for savings, but on principle.     Especially when it comes to chicks they dont know, and have never been with.  I'm referring to avoiding tacking on extra and unnecessary expenses with a chick who most likely isnt even impressed with nor appreciative of kind gestures.   

And the main reason is,  the chicks did not earn anything in order to get such treatment.   Those gestures are basically old or conditioned habits many of us have learned and practiced where we came from.  They were considered ice breaker gestures in an effort to get to know a chick.   Often many of us are too stubborn and too far gone to be able to change from doing what comes natural.   Guys need to understand.  This is p4p with these chicks,  you aint trying to date these women or think you can win them over paying for unnecessary shit.   

And you do not need to spend more than necessary , if at all just to vet a chick. 

But in enough instances, these added expenses we incur have no favorable impact on the quality and quantity of service.  The service we hope to get is coming from paying for it directly.      It definitely doesnt put the chick in the frame of mind to offer a discount on what she expects to get paid for actual services performed.   If anything,  seeing a dude allowing himself to be used like that may give a chick more incentive to look at the dude as being able to pay more without having to work for it.   And potentially see him as someone that doesnt care how he is perceived or treated  ( like a sucker ).   

If he is willing to buy me drinks, dinner, minutes on my phone,  and I havent even did anything yet to earn or deserve it, ,  this mugg must be a weak ass mark.   He needs my company and validation.   If that is the case,  I dont owe any thanks for anything.   Im doing this mugg a f--king favor, letting him spend money unnecessarily on me.   Whatever!    One less meal and drink I have to worry about.    No wonder im getting so f--king big/fat.   The frequency of all of these damn food and drink offers from dudes, it's hard to turn that shit down.   

We have to hand it to enough of those Haitian chicks, many are smart enough to bring 2 or more friends to come eat and drink off of some dude willing to entertain all of them at the same time.   

murano2010

« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »
Had the opportunity of testing out my Samsung Pay app again on my Android Phone.   This time at PriceSmart and KFC in Santiago.   Had a non member friend with me, who wanted to shop.   I paid for my stuff and my membership renewal,  then paid for his stuff , all with my phone and the Samsung Pay app.   

I paid for the food at KFC with my phone as well.     
My buddy reimburses me with pesos for his stuff that he bought from PriceSmart.   Thats a total of 9,000 pesos, that gets to stay in my pocket instead of using it at the register.   Very convenient way to keep more pesos, and less trips to the ATM, or to exchange money.

murano2010

« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2021, 07:38:52 PM »
Using Samsung Pay at Texaco today :

Today Monday April 19th, 2021.   Filled up at the Texaco gas station ( In Sosua ).  I told the attendant that I was going to use my phone to pay.  He acknowledged.  After the fill up, the attendant pulled out his handheld payment terminal/gadget.   I hover over the terminal like Ive done before,  but it did not work.   Then he stopped and went to another pump and got another terminal/gadget.   I realize now,  this was done before.   But they never told me what they were doing. 

WHAT I LEARNED?   Is that Samsung Pay ( and maybe this also applies to Google and Apple Pay ) worked using the payment terminal with the Banco Popular logo/label on the side.   The other payment terminal has the Bancanet logo/label on it,  but wouldnt recognize my attempts to pay using my phone. 

I know that Bancanet is the name Banco Santa Cruz uses when I bank online.   I'm figuring their payment terminal/gadget does not accept phone payments using Samsung Pay, Google Pay or Apple Pay?   Even if I asked the attendant, it's possible that he doesnt know himself.   

Banco Popular is probably one bank that is set up for paying with one's phone?   So anyone deciding to try out paying for gas with Samsung,Google or Apple Pay, you may need the attendant to complete the transaction with the payment terminal/gadget with the Banco Popular logo/label on it,  NOT Bancanet logo/label.     
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:42:17 PM by murano2010 »

stinqu

« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
WHATS NEXT CHIAS WITH PAYPAL ACCOUNTS, WTF

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
It's called T pago or Te Pago'
https://tpago.com/

stinqu

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2021, 06:45:24 PM »
NOOOOOOOO

Tex1988

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2021, 02:34:50 AM »
One thing I learned,  is if a chica is late , but supposedly on her way, you rarely will get an honest answer if you ask where is she now ( donde esta ahora )?   

Another thing I learned, is when a chica is supposed to be at my place at a certain time, I instruct her to send me a message to let me know when she is on her way.   When she reports being on her way that helps me figure out when she is expected to be at my spot.   

If shes supposed to be at my spot on time,  she has to leave at a reasonable time in order to get there ( of course where she is coming from is factored into the equation ).   That means if she tells me she is on her way,  but she's leaving 15 MINUTES before she is supposed to be at my spot,  Im not accepting that.   Im moving on to plan B.     If she's lucky I'll tell her to forget it.    If she doesnt tell me she is on her way.  I regard that as a no show, and again move on to plan B.

I had to develop this little tidbit, because chicas will jerk you around if you dont manage them and your time.  And I dont like sitting around waiting like an idiot and dont know if the chick is coming or not. 

Ive heard plenty of guys that put up with chicas lateness on the regular.   Telling me the chick showed up an hour to 2 hours later!!!!   And they still let that mugg in the door.   f--k that!   What some chicas do, is once you commit to seeing them,  then they do other shit and/or clients, because they know the sucker is still sitting around waiting for her arrival. 

In enough instances, the reason the mugg cant make it on time, because she aint finished with the client before you.  Thats another thing.  Guys be falling for these chicks stories and excuses and cant figure out that the chick is lying and juggling on his time.   

The moment I suspect bullshit,  I abort before any chick tries to get me caught up in her juggling act or even if it's just her being incompetent when it comes to time management.   
Every time I hear a guy give me details of what some chica said to him,  "she said so and so",  I cringe.   Some guys actually accept the bullshit lies and stories some of these chicks be laying on them.   I dont want any chick giving me any explanations, excuses, reasons or stories.   Im not interested.     

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED? OR THINGS CHICAS DID THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?

I feel as if I wrote this myself. I got to the point where I tell chicas in Medellin that I am taking 10,000 pesos off for every 15min she's late. If she doesn't agree then PEACE. I had one take a photo outside my door at 7pm on the DOT once. A real businesswoman.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 02:40:39 AM by Tex1988 »

murano2010

« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2021, 05:01:37 AM »
Paying/Tipping, General information/thoughts :

It's to their ( the locals ) advantage to not have change or claim they dont have it.   In some cases, it's an easy method towards a tip/propina.   Of course some guys may pay with a 2000, 1000 or 2-500 peso bills.  They'll offer 100 to 200 pesos for a tip/propina.    No problem.    The guy paying with a 2000 peso bill will get his 1000 peso change back.   In most cases, No problem.

But there will always be that tourist guy that goes to get a massage somewhere.  After the massage will whip out a $20 or $50 dollar bill and expect them to come up with change.  Especially early in the day.  This is where common sense, being aware of what you may be dealing with, and avoiding being inconvenienced comes into play.   

Not only for massages, but for many things.   If paying with a large bill or your own home currency,  ask beforehand about whether or not the individual or business can handle the transaction.   Better yet,  come prepared.  Have a variety of smaller peso bills just in case.   A good practice is to try to break down your large peso bills where a large peso bill for expenditures ( 1000 or 2000 peso bill ) would be expected.    Like a restaurant or supermarket.   

Use the smaller currencies ( coins, 50,100 and 200 peso bills ) for things where smaller expenditures are expected.  Like a taxi,moto,vendors, use your imagination.   Motos and taxis it's best to have exact change.   Most of those muggs are notorious for claiming not to have change.   And in some cases will boldly pay themselves a tip/propina claiming they dont have any change. 

In some cases, if it's a chica coming or leaving you,  many wont be of any help in negotiations.   A typical chica will step aside and say nothing when it's time for you to pay the moto or taxi.   Enough chicas attitudes are like :  "Hey we all gotta eat"  "You wanted me here, so pay the man whatever he wants".     It's pathetic seeing guys consistently getting bamboozled by chicas and locals on the hustle. 

That shit happens on the regular.  And some cats have a hard time avoiding it, because the chicas , businesses and hustlers are usually one step ahead.   The thing that puts us at a disadvantage is this main fact.  YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT SOMEBODY ELSE HAS.  AND THEY EITHER HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.  OR THEY ARE IN THE LOOP OF PROVIDING/BRINGING YOU WHAT YOU WANT.   

The man that can spot trouble, avoid complications, and avoid being on the sucker/losing end of an encounter, and more importantly avoiding these situations altogether,  thats where you want to be.   Overly thirsty individuals may realize too late they'll never win trying to play the locals game.    Their folly may only be realized after they have been bamboozled enough.   

Travelguy90

« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2021, 05:55:20 AM »
I’ve left Chicas at the gate on a moto, if I don’t like the price. They usually pay it, or take what I can give. Like if it’s 3-4pm I’m coming with 50 peso regardless, if it’s 6/7 I’ll bring 100 peso to be safe, all that it’s 200 peso she coming from charamicos ain’t working even if it’s dark. However if she came in a taxi when I specifically said catch a moto/Guagua/publico/etc... or I’m not paying 20-30$ for 1-5$ transportation from POP/Cabarete, I’m looking at her then turning back to my hotel and she can work something out with the transportation. Generally they come inside laughing, because I’m not going for it. They’ll bring it up but will drop it and never mention anything about me being cheap.

I actually remember another funny story about a chic I hit once before she started begging. I hit a Chica I met outside bailees and she gave me a ride to my hotel around when COVID19 shutdowns first started. She hit me up about 8-9 months later with her two daughters on videocall introducing themselves to say hi. I was legit confused, then she pops up on screen to say hi then tries to show me an empty fridge and said she was hungry and had no food. She wanted 50$ WesternUnion. I didn’t do it but did repeat this year for 2000 peso, and somehow she got thicker with a bigger ass during the lockdowns yet was hungry.
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

murano2010

« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2021, 06:05:56 AM »
Im opening this up for input in regards to how guys navigate while on vacation :

I partially covered some of the trappings or dealing with locals.   One thing a guy can do when it comes to chica transit,  is to make it clear ahead of time,  that the chicks transportation costs is her responsibility.     IMO refusing to get involved with paying for a chicks comings and goings is a good way to avoid any interaction with the hustlers she brings to your door/spot.   

By not being a part of her transportation hustle, nobody can claim that you owe them 200 pesos for a 50 peso moto ride,  or 1500/2500 pesos for a taxi that supposedly came all the way from Puerto Plata to where the guy is staying.   I recently was witness to a dude staying up in a villa, who mis communicated with a Haitian chick that showed up at the front gate with a moto standing by. 

He didnt actually have a date with her, but she showed up pretending that she was supposed to come.   The situation was almost like a chick causing drama, trying to get paid.   He goes down to the front gate to meet her, and she's standing there with the moto.    Dude tells the guard that shes his company.   But now the moto wants to get paid.  He's been waiting for at least 10 minutes.

Dude asks the moto how much?   Moto blurts out 200 pesos for a 50 peso ride.   Chick was on the strip prior.   But because she got dropped off at a villa,  and the moto waited to get paid,  the moto upped the fee to 100 pesos, and added another 100 because he waited.

All of that drama and unnecessary expense initially orchestrated by the chica seeking to get paid and not giving a f--k.   And then the dude, putting himself in the position of dealing with a chick that shows up without 1st confirming it with him.   It gets worse.   Once he takes control of her presence,  the security guard checks her ID.   

It's already obvious that she is Haitian.   The guard was fumbling with the ID and was refusing to let her in.    The dude's knee jerk reaction is to bribe the guard.   But guess what he has in his hand ready to give before talking it out?   A 500 peso note.    The good thing,  the guard didnt see him pull it out.   The guard let the chick go with him.

Ahhh but remember when I said the locals are one step ahead of us?   Well after a lack luster, boring,  no home training visit/encounter,  the dude calls her a cab for her to leave.    Not sure where she said she was going,  but those taxis coming to those villas are not cheap.  Not the ride itself, but the fact that a taxi is almost always needed, back and forth for yourself and your guests.  And that taxi bill adds up.    Their prices are already inflated simply because the customer is staying there.   No motoconchos are allowed to pickup or drop off to ones exact address on the complex.   Cars and taxis yes,  motos no.   

Ok so the chick leaves the guys unit alone in a taxi,  gets to the gate.  The security guard wont give her,  her ID because the guy didnt come to the gate with her or call.   The guy needed to vouch that all is well.   Security guard tells the guy that he has to come to the front gate.    Guy walks down,  guard tells him about the policy.   The guy assumed that the guy wasnt going to give the chick her iD.   Maybe yes, maybe no.     

But he assumes ( due to a language barrier ) the guard was angling for a tip/propina.   He probably was.    So he busts out with a 500 peso bill to give to the guard.   Even if one were to offer a tip/propina, 100 to 200 pesos would be more than enough.   But damn,  that was her ID,  he shouldnt have to offer jack.   If anything,  getting her ID back is her problem to solve, not his.    Why so?   He just paid the chick for her services.   

Guys need to remember,  these chicks have their own expenses for being in the game.  Unless she's special and/or a regular.   There is no need to be tacking on unnecessary expenses and costs when the chica can pay for her own expenses leading up to them getting paid from a client.     Just like any other job.  Sometimes you have to pay from your own earnings for your own transportation, and lunch. 

It's not the jobs responsibility for you to make it to work, and to be fed.    In fact, it's not the jobs responsibility to make sure your rent or utilities are paid,  or your medical bills.    The jobs responsibility is to pay you for what you've earned.   Thats why I believe guys need to recognize when chicas try to pressure them, by complaining about their financial problems.   

As if their financial problems is supposed to be yours to be aware of to solve.  No way.   My attitude is,  your financial problems are not my concern.  I dont need to know about what it is you are dealing with in your life.   All I need to know,  is are you willing and able to work?  If so, then you can get what you need from what you earn.  More importantly, if you need more than what the job pays,  then you may need to keep taking on jobs until you get enough to handle your business.   

I say this because some chicks seem to act as if you are supposed to pay them enough in order to meet some financial need.    No.  If it takes 3 visits of work in order to meet your rent obligation, or whatever lie you made up,  then so be it.   No windfalls.   You got multiple clients that are all paying, and we already know this when dealing with you. 

I think it is very prudent in these times,  for mongers/men to keep their expenses when dealing with a chick who hasnt performed any services yet,  to a minimum.    Especially since many of these muggs dont appreciate us paying for extras like transpo, meals etc.    I believe if more guys put more emphasis on chicks paying for their own transpo or other expenses,  the less likely of them being able to bamboozle you directly, or indirectly through other hustlers in the mix.   

Oh I forgot to add,  I saw the guys chick on the strip maybe an hour later.   So technically she didnt need a taxi just to get back to the strip.   But thats what happens when you choose a villa with rules/restrictions in place.     

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:54:16 AM by murano2010 »

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal