global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Good ATMs Sosua  (Read 3771 times)

Blackghost1

Re: Good ATMs Sosua
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2021, 09:10:13 PM »
Also, if you run out of money, you can always WU money to yourself.

Backgroundhustlin

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 08:27:02 AM »
Ytuber Barber TV World mentions briefly @30:10 mark that two of his debit cards were compromised using the Banco La Nacional ATM across from the Playero supermercado in Sosua.    Found out it happened to him last week.   That means that ATM is still suspect.   DONT USE IT.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhTw-R1f9w

Facts!!! My card was compromised in November at the same ATM.  They started making purchases within an hour I had to freeze my card. Thank God for Navy Federal and fraud protection. Luckily it was my last day in town and I had my credit cards and enough pesos to hold me over.

murano2010

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 03:51:39 PM »
I recommend checking out other banks like Banco De Leon or Banco Reservas.   Or if in Puerto Plata go to Banco La Nacional on Avenida Beller.  Or go to La Nacional in Cabarate.    The La Nacional machine in PP gave me 58.14 on my money, and let me withdraw up to 25k pesos per transaction.   I made four withdrawals.    Or check out Scotia Bank in Cabarete or PP. 

Why am I not recommending Banco La Nacional in Sosua?   That machine has been compromised,  and it's still not known whether or not the problem has been resolved.   Several people , including my neighbor had reported their cards were hacked and thieves tried to withdraw money.   My neighbor said the thieves couldnt access the money,  but they tried to withdraw the money at the La Nacional in Cabarete even though the skimming of data occurred from the Sosua ATM.   
This is part of a post I did on December 21, 2020.   I eliminated the non essential parts.  And highlighted the problem in red.

The bottom line is,  there is no Banco La Nacional in Cabarete as an alternative to the Sosua or Puerto Plata branch.

My neighbor was mistaken when he told me that the thieves supposedly tried to use an ATM at a Cabarete branch of the same bank.   It may have been at an ATM, but it wasnt any Banco La Nacional in Cabarete.   I know.   Because I searched online, couldnt find it.   I drove through Cabarete, and asked several people.  Came up empty. 

The closest Banco La Nacional ( for me to use ) other than the Sosua branch is the one on Avenida Beller in Puerto Plata. 

NO CABARETE BRANCHES.   

Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

SilentPartner

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »
La Nacional ATM in Sosua is  still compromised. (Dealing with the bullshit right now)

murano2010

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2021, 03:57:49 PM »
La Nacional ATM in Sosua is  still compromised. (Dealing with the bullshit right now)
Thanks for sharing that info.   I'll bet dozens of people continue to get got by that La Nacional ATM machine in Sosua.  I still see people going there to use it.   It's a shame I have to go all the way to PP to use the ATM from the same bank. But it's necessary because I withdraw large amounts in order to live on for a few weeks.    Fortunately,  I'll be cutting back spending pesos, due to me using Samsung Pay and Google Pay on my phone at the larger stores and supermercados.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

sosuajefe

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2021, 04:05:23 AM »
A friend of mine also got scammed from the same atm. It basically had no money in it but the money was withdrawn from his account. He contacted his bank and eventually got it refunded. Just was a headache. The one next to super super liquor store also let’s 20k withdrawals. I usually just go to banco poplar, seemingly the most trustworthy. I’ve been on vacay once and no machine had any money, was unreal. Like someone else said just WU yourself or send to caribe express in that case. PayPal uses an intermediary called Xoom which allows you to send to Caribe Express. I go down with a set amount of cash in hand but the more you bring the more you end up spending. When you go 4-5-6 times a year it costs in the long run so it’s better to set yourself a daily budget and not overspend. Shit happens n i know nobody is trying to worry about expenses on a vacation every hour unless it’s for toto. Ten years ago exchange rates were worse, its inflation just as it is at home. There’s really no need to withdraw more than 10k pesos a day and pay the atm fee. That is unless u one of these clowns who pays chicas 150 ST lmao.

murano2010

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2021, 06:24:11 AM »
A friend of mine also got scammed from the same atm. It basically had no money in it but the money was withdrawn from his account. He contacted his bank and eventually got it refunded. Just was a headache. The one next to super super liquor store also let’s 20k withdrawals. I usually just go to banco poplar, seemingly the most trustworthy. I’ve been on vacay once and no machine had any money, was unreal. Like someone else said just WU yourself or send to caribe express in that case. PayPal uses an intermediary called Xoom which allows you to send to Caribe Express. I go down with a set amount of cash in hand but the more you bring the more you end up spending. When you go 4-5-6 times a year it costs in the long run so it’s better to set yourself a daily budget and not overspend. Shit happens n i know nobody is trying to worry about expenses on a vacation every hour unless it’s for toto. Ten years ago exchange rates were worse, its inflation just as it is at home. There’s really no need to withdraw more than 10k pesos a day and pay the atm fee. That is unless u one of these clowns who pays chicas 150 ST lmao.
The ATM that was next to Super Super liquor store is gone.  That wall has been sealed up, and the physical bank ( Banco Progresso is gone.)  Thanks for the tip about using Paypal and Xoom to send money to Caribe Express.   I may never have to use it, but I like the idea of having that as a backup.     As an account holder,  Banco Popular allows one to use PayPal to link to your accounts.  That way you can transfer money into your BP account. 

When I 1st started my peso and dollar account at BP,  US Paypal was linked to Banco Popular.   Paypal changed their policy , and a US Paypal account could no longer be linked to BP.   The solution?   Sign up for a DR Paypal account.    The DR Paypal links with my BP accounts.   I use both Paypal accounts in order to get money into my Banco Popular account.    Bank of America funds my US Paypal,  US Paypal funds my DR Paypal, and then the DR Paypal funds my Banco Popular.   One more step I have to make towards funding my BP accounts online without stepping foot in the bank.    No biggie.  Just plan way ahead.   

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 06:53:06 AM »
 Warning ! Sir carry a second ATM debit card or Credit card that will with draw cash .Down here now  and my debit card was hacked.  By google cabera mountain view.   20 times for $1.11 lucky  my bank texted frauldulant activity and the card was blocked funny the only time I used the card was a playjero supermacado in Sosua.  Some how somebody  cloned the info  So make sure you have exsta cards  for emergencys !

murano2010

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2021, 07:08:18 AM »
Warning ! Sir carry a second ATM debit card or Credit card that will with draw cash .Down here now  and my debit card was hacked.  By google cabera mountain view.   20 times for $1.11 lucky  my bank texted frauldulant activity and the card was blocked funny the only time I used the card was a playjero supermacado in Sosua.  Some how somebody  cloned the info  So make sure you have exsta cards  for emergencys !
You are talking about your card was hacked from you using an ATM in Cabrera which is between Rio San Juan and Nagua on the north coast?    Correct?    What bank or type of ATM machine was it?   Was this ATM next to a bank,  or a standalone ATM?   

sosuajefe

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »
Xoom also allows you to send to a bank account. Plus the fees are minimal. Good too on DR PayPal. I went to set up an account at popular but didn’t bring sufficient ID requirements. I only had my passport but they wanted more. Next time I’m setting it up. After sending a WU payment to book some apartments for me and my friends I was banned and they won’t give me a reason why. Said it’s against their policy to tell me. I went through the investigation process and was still denied. I’m pretty sure I know why but that could be speculation. I wasn’t aware progreso shut down I haven’t been since Covid hit. Thanks for the update.

murano2010

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 07:58:15 AM »
Xoom also allows you to send to a bank account. Plus the fees are minimal. Good too on DR PayPal. I went to set up an account at popular but didn’t bring sufficient ID requirements. I only had my passport but they wanted more. Next time I’m setting it up. After sending a WU payment to book some apartments for me and my friends I was banned and they won’t give me a reason why. Said it’s against their policy to tell me. I went through the investigation process and was still denied. I’m pretty sure I know why but that could be speculation. I wasn’t aware progreso shut down I haven’t been since Covid hit. Thanks for the update.
Good to know   Thanks.   

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
You are talking about your card was hacked from you using an ATM in Cabrera which is between Rio San Juan and Nagua on the north coast?    Correct?    What bank or type of ATM machine was it?   Was this ATM next to a bank,  or a standalone ATM?   
I used the card to by food  playjero sosua.  Did not use the Atm

murano2010

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
I used the card to by food  playjero sosua.  Did not use the Atm
So let me get this straight.  You used the card at Playero in Sosua to buy food, but the hack/charges/attempts came from Cabrera Mountain View?    Did you hand the checkout person your card,  or did you insert the card in their machine?   

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2021, 05:35:04 PM »
Card in the machine at check out

murano2010

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2021, 06:13:05 PM »
Card in the machine at check out
Ok copy that!   The jury is still out on this one Tug.  There is no telling where the skim, clone activity actually took place.   A few years ago,  one of my debit cards was compromised.  A card that I never even used while I was in the DR.   But some small charges popped up from a gas station in North Carolina, and a $5 recurring subscription to an online app. 

Point being.  A card can be compromised without you ever taking it out to use it.    IMHO,  I would recommend exchanging your debit cards for the contact less type cards.   Those cards you wont have to insert them inside a payment terminal in the store.   That may help reduce chances of it being compromised.     

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal