Sosua girls

Author Topic: So has anybody tested positive  (Read 712 times)

TravelingMan

So has anybody tested positive
« on: May 02, 2021, 05:25:25 AM »
Just wondering has anyone tested positive while in DR and if so what happen. What happens if the test comes back positive, can you leave or do they keep you there on the spot? I saw someone ask but didn't see anyone reply. I'm going down may 15-21 and i have the ability to work from anywhere with my work laptop. Thinking about bringing it just in case shom shit happen and i have to stay over my vacation time.

Captainsaveahoe

Re: So has anybody tested positive
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:24:52 AM »
I hear you bro.  I always go with my laptop just in case too.  But I don’t know the answer.  I dont think they hold you though.  I haven’t heard of any positive tests.

yaadman

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:06:17 AM »
Its not the dr that will hold you if you test positive, the airlines wont let you board with a positive testthe us requires a negative test so they use the airlines to enforce it. But im sure the dr eill ask you to quarentine, and not leave your room for 14 days.

michealclark490@yahoo.com

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »
No one will.its all about your 2000 to 2500 pesos to take itnthats it thats all

Henny White

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 10:26:31 AM »
No one will.its all about your 2000 to 2500 pesos to take itnthats it thats all

👆🏽 Truth spoken 🤷🏽‍♂️

yaadman

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 10:29:08 AM »
If it was all about the money everyone would test positive, get denyed entry, have to spend more money in the dr for 14 days extra. And go back and test again to leave.

Captainsaveahoe

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 11:05:38 AM »
If it was all about the money everyone would test positive, get denyed entry, have to spend more money in the dr for 14 days extra. And go back and test again to leave.

Not really...cause a week after this happens no one would come and they won’t get anything

Henny White

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »

Not really...cause a week after this happens no one would come and they won’t get anything

👆🏽 Exactamente! Shit is like Oprah handing it out... You get a car, you get a 🚗 All negative.

yaadman

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 11:39:47 AM »
Its happened in mexico and jamaica where upon leaving people tested positive, and had to stay, the lady in jamaica worked for jetblue and posted on social media that the jamaican gov, held her captive. But its not the mex, jam or dr requirment for a test its the US that requires it. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article249294520.html
It it bad press, but its not the islands fault that they cant go home being covid positive

Stones

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
Just wondering has anyone tested positive while in DR and if so what happen. What happens if the test comes back positive, can you leave or do they keep you there on the spot? I saw someone ask but didn't see anyone reply. I'm going down may 15-21 and i have the ability to work from anywhere with my work laptop. Thinking about bringing it just in case shom shit happen and i have to stay over my vacation time.

There are some people who have tested positive, but the government doesn't want anybody to know about those cases. That news would obviously be devastating for the DR because tourism is so vital to their economy.

So yes, you must quarantine in the DR if you test positive for your return flight back to the U.S. If you were staying at Lifestyles Resorts, a huge all-inclusive in Puerto Plata, they will allow you to stay in some of their more run-down rooms while you try to test negative. Some other hotels, including Sosua Inn, also have rooms they will rent to folks who failed the exit Covid-19 test.

Bottom line is that it's easy if you need a place to stay after failing the exit test. The more important thing is being sure you have enough leave or sick time on your job. It's no issue for guys who are retired, have their own businesses, etc.

MACK

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 12:49:25 PM »

Stay home if your shaking in your boots lol

Viva La Vega

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »
Its happened in mexico and jamaica where upon leaving people tested positive, and had to stay, the lady in jamaica worked for jetblue and posted on social media that the jamaican gov, held her captive. But its not the mex, jam or dr requirment for a test its the US that requires it. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article249294520.html
It it bad press, but its not the islands fault that they cant go home being covid positive

So she booked a trip, after being advised you need to have a negative test to fly, and tested positive and now she has a problem. Ok Karen. Or is Kalina the new Karen.

It's gonna happen. If folks are travelling from the US prior to getting shots, and coming here and behaving the way... we all do. I did not go to Sosua Beach yesterday, but by 11:30 there were buses parked the length of the highway. I did have a walk at Cabarete, beach looked like spring break in South Florida. 

Be prepared.

Stones

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 01:19:22 PM »
Its not the dr that will hold you if you test positive, the airlines wont let you board with a positive testthe us requires a negative test so they use the airlines to enforce it. But im sure the dr eill ask you to quarentine, and not leave your room for 14 days.

You have to quarantine until you test negative for the virus. You don't have to quarantine in a room for 14 days. You might test positive on Monday but negative on Tuesday. You're good to leave as soon a you're negative.

yaadman

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 05:04:44 PM »

You have to quarantine until you test negative for the virus. You don't have to quarantine in a room for 14 days. You might test positive on Monday but negative on Tuesday. You're good to leave as soon a you're negative.

Yes you are correct.

michealclark490@yahoo.com

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 11:29:05 PM »
Case if fact i was at bb in February a dude there told me his buddy tested postive they gave him results and he left went to another place same day tested negative so hey at the end of day you going home

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal