Sosua girls

Author Topic: How To Identify Real Brugal Rum  (Read 455 times)

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
How To Identify Real Brugal Rum
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »
There is a problem with fake liquor in the DR.  Maybe this will help the Rum drinkers

https://youtu.be/8rnTgX-JRXs
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

Artbell1

• All Access
Re: How To Identify Real Brugal Rum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:48:05 PM »
I appreciate the heads up Jay!

I normally drink Bermudez when I can get it in the DR. Brugal is my second choice among Dominican rums.
"The Truth is out there."

sosuasosua

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 09:48:23 AM »
Good info i think where you buy plays a big part also i buy liquor only at playero  or air port never the bodega

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 11:14:51 AM »
Good info i think where you buy plays a big part also i buy liquor only at playero  or air port never the bodega

This was the best rum I ever had in the DR.  I think you can only get it at the plant in Santiago.  Probably too expensive for most dudes on this site, but if you can splurge, it is a nice change and you can also do the tour of the factory while there and buy some cigars, if that is your thing.

vacationtime

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 12:40:23 PM »
great cigars there also.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 05:50:29 PM »

This was the best rum I ever had in the DR.  I think you can only get it at the plant in Santiago.  Probably too expensive for most dudes on this site, but if you can splurge, it is a nice change and you can also do the tour of the factory while there and buy some cigars, if that is your thing.

E Leon Jimenez have been making special editions rhums for a couple years to go with their cigars. I have seen theses rhums for sale in a couple supermercados loke La Sirena and Jumbo. I also seen them for sale in my 2 favorite bodegas in pop. For real, they don't make those rhums ... they are made by either Bermudez distilleries or Oliver y Oliver.

Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 06:55:26 PM »

E Leon Jimenez have been making special editions rhums for a couple years to go with their cigars. I have seen theses rhums for sale in a couple supermercados loke La Sirena and Jumbo.

A ok.  I never saw it at La Sirena.

travelhombre

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 07:31:32 PM »

How much did it cost?

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 07:48:12 PM »

How much did it cost?

https://almacen.do/producto/ron-e-leon-jimenes-by-la-aurora-700-ml/

Artbell1

• All Access
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 11:47:37 PM »
Sounds like another good reason to spend time in Santiago.

JD
"The Truth is out there."

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 01:12:39 AM »
Sounds like another good reason to spend time in Santiago.

JD

The Cibao region has a lot to offer.

stinqu

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 05:58:33 PM »
If you are in a bar, you want to see them pour it,try it straight up first. Even regular Brugal is pretty smooth, not like whisky or bourbon. Anejo or extra Anejo are very smooth straight ( Anejo means aged). Extra Anejo means more than 7 years, the minimum by law. Barcelo rum is the most common decent bar rum for drinks, their Anejo is ok for sipping on ice. Barcelo is regular priced. If you want to train your taste go to Super Super Surf liquor store on Pedro Clisante, half way between Chec Montreal and Europa hotel. Buy a small bottles and judge for your self, that store has allot of high end booze, at good prices, the bars order from there.

PapiViejo55-2

• 3Holes? I'm in!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 06:04:46 PM »
That's my go to spot to stock up on booze for chillin with music my neighbors can enjoy!! LoL!!!
...I'm usually wrong...but that sh!t was great!

stinqu

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 07:09:27 PM »
I f you what to get wasted on shots of rum cheap go to Spankies, one of the last free pour bars in town ( Canadian owned). Its on a side street off Calle Alejo Martinez, past Casa Marina on the left, go down the hill its on the right, look for the flags.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal