global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Outbound flight time  (Read 743 times)

AR69

• All Access
Outbound flight time
« on: March 01, 2024, 12:14:01 PM »
When leaving, what time is best to get to the airport to make it through customs etc and not miss plane, but not get there too early either.

TravelYoda

Re: Outbound flight time
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 12:48:20 PM »
Depends on a few factors. Main killer is that they don't do E-boarding passes.
1. Are you checking a bag? If so, it has to be in their hands 1 hour prior or its not going, and they'll be a line.
2. do you have airline status and can cut the line for your boarding pass?
3. How many other flights are leaving at the same time? https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/pop

In general, I show up 1.5 hours before, never check a bag, have airline status, and I'm at the gate within 30 minutes. Thing that sucks about missing your plane at POP is, more than likely, the next flight (on same airline) doesn't leave until the next day.

Just_A_Guy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 03:13:56 PM »
When leaving, what time is best to get to the airport to make it through customs etc and not miss plane, but not get there too early either.

Depends on airport, airline, and time of day.

But generally speaking, getting there 2 hrs in advance should be good.....2 and a half hrs even better. 

My last flight outta POP (on a Tuesday), i arrived at airport an hour and a half before my flight.  I made it thru with plenty of time to spare.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:13:58 PM by Just_A_Guy »

Ted68

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 07:24:15 AM »
I make it a rule to get there 3 hours ahead of time especially since I always seem to get pulled into secondary at POP and having them go through my things and at a snail's pace.

Same thing with leaving out of Santo Domingo with the crazy traffic in the morning and the airport being busy I like getting there way before my flight. Never got pulled aside in customs in SD knock on  wood but check in can be slow and disorganized there. Plus less stress getting there early. I like to chill with time to spare afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 08:57:32 AM by Ted68 »

WT3

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 10:42:38 AM »
I follow the rule of 3 hours before so if my flight is 1900 I'm there at 1600.

Harddrive

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 12:49:35 PM »
POP and STI are pretty small airports.  Things USUALLY move pretty quickly.  SDQ can be a cluster f#$@ at times.

stinqu

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 05:08:30 PM »
For POP 2 HRS is good.

justin_credible

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 06:28:34 PM »
I got 3 hours before any international flight so I can relax at the airport. Too many variables can happen if you push it too close. If your ticket is printed with and SSS on it, you should expect even more time because that means secondary inspection.

Canecounty

• All Access
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 06:37:32 PM »
if you have priority. that should save about 15-20 mins

crazy_canuck

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 12:11:57 PM »
3 hours or so here too ... so many things can happen.
And after checkin, you can go relax in the bar area or restaurant or have a look at the duty free.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Stones

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2024, 12:36:53 PM »
Two-and-a-half hours before at POP for me. I keep telling myself to shave that down to two hours. I mean, there are a lot worse things in life than missing your flight and having to stay another day in the land of unlimited pussy.

justin_credible

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 12:45:55 PM »
Two-and-a-half hours before at POP for me. I keep telling myself to shave that down to two hours. I mean, there are a lot worse things in life than missing your flight and having to stay another day in the land of unlimited pussy.

On one of my trips, American airlines had mechanical problems coming from Miami and it was going to really screw up my connection. I willingly delayed my flight as long as possible (American said that 2 days was max) and extended the trip a little more. Other families who were looking to get home looked at me with a bit of shock in their eyes at my decision. Little did they know...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 12:59:21 PM by justin_credible »

Stones

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2024, 01:49:51 PM »

On one of my trips, American airlines had mechanical problems coming from Miami and it was going to really screw up my connection. I willingly delayed my flight as long as possible (American said that 2 days was max) and extended the trip a little more. Other families who were looking to get home looked at me with a bit of shock in their eyes at my decision. Little did they know...

Classic. My man!

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 06:13:58 PM »
Travel voucher for a different flight = bonus pussy !

Viva La Vega

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 04:53:51 AM »
Flights are pretty much full the next few weeks coming and going. If you are so inclined, after check in when the gate opens identify yourself to the agent and say you would be willing to give up your seat and ask what the offer is on that flight to do so.

It could range from $200-$300 bucks to a decent amount of cash plus a voucher. It's all negotiable and the agent may be working with another passenger so don't expect the world. It's rare I would give up my seat as chances are I have a connection or a hotel booked.

But I can be bought.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal