global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Current Exchange Rate  (Read 57435 times)

justincase689

Re: Current Exchange Rate
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »
@hiphop...which bank?

atlien

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
Banks are good, but the dudes from the streets are willing to go to the same rate if you tell them you are going to the bank.
I did it last week from the dude front of terralinda.
make sure you do it when the banks are open, not at night or weekends.

blklouky

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
Banks are good, but the dudes from the streets are willing to go to the same rate if you tell them you are going to the bank.
I did it last week from the dude front of terralinda.
make sure you do it when the banks are open, not at night or weekends.

You can go to WU also, which gives you the going rate. Remember you have to provide your passport for both the banks and WU to
exchange money.  WU even photo copies it.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
Everyone just go to the bank. Have your passport. They always give you the best rate. I got 48 today and yesterday, Some people say WesternUnion is pretty good but I only pick up pesos there.

Hip Hop I must say you are wrong on this one ... the cambio behind the orange store was giving me better rate that all the banks I went to in sosua ... so far the best bank rate for Canadian $ was banco popular (35.1 pesos for 1CA$) and the guy behind orange store gave me 35.3 pesos.
You may say that this is nothing but over 2000$ it makes 400 pesos more in my pockets ... well 2 free breakfast for me ...
So far I checked rates at all the banks between plaza europa and the strip and banco popular.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

flash565

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 05:49:40 PM »
The Big Playero supermarket also has good rates too. For Superbowl i changed my 1$ to 1 pesos @ 47.2. The just check currency converter 1$ to 1 pesos is now 48.42.

HipHop

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
Everyone just go to the bank. Have your passport. They always give you the best rate. I got 48 today and yesterday, Some people say WesternUnion is pretty good but I only pick up pesos there.

Hip Hop I must say you are wrong on this one ... the cambio behind the orange store was giving me better rate that all the banks I went to in sosua ... so far the best bank rate for Canadian $ was banco popular (35.1 pesos for 1CA$) and the guy behind orange store gave me 35.3 pesos.
You may say that this is nothing but over 2000$ it makes 400 pesos more in my pockets ... well 2 free breakfast for me ...
So far I checked rates at all the banks between plaza europa and the strip and banco popular.

A lot of guys don’t trust the man on the street or those exchange places. I personally have used them without a problem but I’d like to give people the peace of mind some are very timid and may be dinner walking around with 2k
Too many woman, not enough days

HipHop

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
@hiphop...which bank?

Banco popular, or banco reserva

David’sg

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Actually it’s 48.20  to a dollar and  The best place to change your money is  Wester Junior or Caribbean express Also if you plan on opening a bank account The best place is  Santa Cruz bank.   

pimptrick

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2018, 07:02:41 AM »
All three of my trips. I got 48 pesos or a few points over.

Now, my first purchase was the airport.  All excited. Got about 30 plus, after the sweet upsale from the pretty face chica.  Glad I exchanged little money.

Lesson learned on day one.

HipHop

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:18 AM »
All three of my trips. I got 48 pesos or a few points over.

Now, my first purchase was the airport.  All excited. Got about 30 plus, after the sweet upsale from the pretty face chica.  Glad I exchanged little money.

Lesson learned on day one.

Man I know those Airport exchange companies make a killing. They straight are raping on the exchange rate

Natilyfe

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »
Is it not good to pull from an atm?

torso8

• Devoted Contributer
  • do you and be happy!
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
Is it not good to pull from an atm?
@ natilyfe ...i always pull from atm ...make sure you do a large amount for like every 2 day or something ..the fees can add up quick if you do this on a regular daily ...the other  thing you need to watch out for is where you do this....skimming credit and debit cards in the Dr is very common...try to use the ones located where security @ or lot of traffic ...you have a 50% chance the atms don't get tamper....also check your account status on a regular basis and tell your bank in advance the dates you be out of the country
QUE SEA DOMINICANA!!

CatchaFiyah83

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »
There's a dude right by Terra Linda and he pays 48.50, the other dude by Rocky's pays 49.00 to Dominican folks and 48.50 to foreigners smh

Mitomegboaa

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2018, 10:47:50 AM »

Hello crazy_canuck OR anyone others canadian dollar users
Any idea for the Canadian dollar rate right now in sosua? CURRENTLY the normal rate is around 38.70 for 1$ cad. Here in Montreal Calforex has the best rate of 36 dop for 1$ cad. Is it better to buy here in Montreal or wait to get to sosua? is the rate better in sosua?

crazy_canuck

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »

Hello crazy_canuck OR anyone others canadian dollar users
Any idea for the Canadian dollar rate right now in sosua? CURRENTLY the normal rate is around 38.70 for 1$ cad. Here in Montreal Calforex has the best rate of 36 dop for 1$ cad. Is it better to buy here in Montreal or wait to get to sosua? is the rate better in sosua?

Yes you will get better rate in sosua ... The rate right now on XE.com is at 38.8 so expect to get 37 to 37.5 if you go at the cambio behind the orange store ... he's reliable.
Just a piece of advice: never change at the airport or if you absolutely need to, change as less as possible ... the rate at the airport is terrible ... if you get 37 at cambios, you will get 32 or 33 at the airport ...
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal