global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)  (Read 43866 times)

seanSLO

Re: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »
I haven't taken moto in Sosua but did in Puerto Plata and wasn't nearly as bad as thought would be. Motos in Puerto Plata are more governed saw permit number on bike not just some guy giving rides

ontime121

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »
I'm scared of Motorcycles. At one time, I was going to buy one. Right around that time, an experienced rider, coworker, died in an accident on his Motorcycle. His death stopped me from buying a Motorcycle. I will never buy one.

On my first trip to the DR, the first time that I was on a Moto was in Bonao. I was a little hesitant to hop on one but once I did, I felt the open road. I was in heaven. A smile was on my face the whole way. It was like being a kid on a bicycle riding down a steep hill. I never felt like I was in danger.

I've taken 4 trips to the Dr in total. I use Motos all of the time. I've met some cool Motoconcho Drivers. They are just dudes on their grind, trying to support their families.

Let me tell you a story about one driver that I met. He gave me a ride to my Condo. I told him to come back in 2 hours. I needed a nap. He came back. The Security Guard came and knocked on the door but I was knocked, slap out. I woke up about 30 minutes late. I went to the Security Guard to ask him if a Moto came by. He said yes. He said, we knocked on the door for you but you didn't answer. The Security Guard called me another Moto. I said to myself, when I see the Moto that returned for me, I'm going to pay him double for his trouble.

I ran into him a couple of days later. I apologized to him and told him that I wanted to pay him for his time the other day. He absolutely, would not and did not accept the money. It tripped me out. I didn't see him again on that trip. I ran into him on the next trip and guess what, he gave me a free ride. He would not accept my money. If you take care of the Moto Drivers, they will take care of you. I can't tell you how many free rides that I've been given from various Motoconchos.

I've never had a Motoconcho drive wild or with reckless abandon with me on board. I'm scared of Motorcycles but I still take Motoconchos without a thought about it. Sounds silly, huh?

MEMPHIS_RAINES

• "You can't stop what's coming"
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »
I ran into him a couple of days later. I apologized to him and told him that I wanted to pay him for his time the other day. He absolutely, would not and did not accept the money. It tripped me out. I didn't see him again on that trip. I ran into him on the next trip and guess what, he gave me a free ride. He would not accept my money. If you take care of the Moto Drivers, they will take care of you. I can't tell you how many free rides that I've been given from various Motoconchos.

I've never had a Motoconcho drive wild or with reckless abandon with me on board. I'm scared of Motorcycles but I still take Motoconchos without a thought about it. Sounds silly, huh?

Trust me, you found one in a million.  The majority of them are god damn crooks and will rob you blind.  Get this f--kers number, keep it, and use it.  You won't hardly find another like him. 
This shit is between me, you, and Mr. soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business.

Shaba2

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »
ontime123 like steelsavior said you should have gotten that driver's # and made him you go to guy anytime you were in Sosua. Most people in third world countries are just good honest hard working folks trying to make money however they can. We spolied americans will think ourselves superior to them becasue our our standard of living. I do not. When I was in the Philippines I had this one trike driver(like a motochoco with a sidecar that has a roof on it) that I always called if i needed to go to a bar or from bar to bar or to home. No cell phones back then but dude had a pager. I would page him with my code and we worked out a system of codes for areas of the "strip" Within 5 minutes or less he was right there waiting for me. Like you said sometimes he would give me free rides. And the big part for me was that after the first ride I took with him he only charged me 10P which was about 1/10th of the normal american rate and about half of what a regular Filipino would pay. I guess dude figured he was making out better in the long run because I was a regular. Only thing I would do would be buy him a beer or some food now and then and even that was my choice when I felt like it he never asked.

Certain people in these countries if you treat them with respect and treat them right they will treat you right and look out after you. i had one incident where about 6 bar girls, none of whom I had ever f--ked litterally saved my life. They jumped on this other girl that was trying to brain me with a coke bottle from behind.

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »
On a personal level...I have about 8 motoconcho true friends that are there for me anytime...Real good men...Then there are another I do not know how many that know of me from being there...I get offered free rides all the time...I have a great relationship with many of them...Where I stay I use them all the time!

TheEagle82

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
Come on, who wants to live forever?

I'll admit to being a little leery of the Motoconchos at first myself, but damn are they fun. I take rides now just because.

Plus, its nice riding with a chica pressed between you and the driver. ;)

torso8

• Devoted Contributer
  • do you and be happy!
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 09:17:48 PM »

ya damn right!
QUE SEA DOMINICANA!!

My2ndHomeSosua

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:49 PM »
when I have a long walk and in a hurry I use them                  like said you make friends with several when you are there

MEMPHIS_RAINES

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2016, 11:43:37 PM »

ya damn right!

f--k that, live life on the edge man, switch places with the chica and go balls deep in that moto's ass end!
This shit is between me, you, and Mr. soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business.

drlover1962

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
Motoconchos are next in line of important people to look out for in DR.  I have 2 trusted Motoconchos in Sosua and 2 in Boca Chica that I use almost exclusively.  You can't jump on any moto at 3 4 5 in the morning.  I tip them very well and I keep their numbers in my cell.  My motoconcho in Boca Chica has access to cars and I help him out by using him to pick me up or take me to the airport or wherever I need to go instead of taxis.  Nowadays I only stay in Boca Chica when I'm meeting something new that I met online that lives closer to Boca Chica than Sosua

MEMPHIS_RAINES

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:08 PM »
Motoconchos are next in line of important people to look out for in DR.  I have 2 trusted Motoconchos in Sosua and 2 in Boca Chica that I use almost exclusively.  You can't jump on any moto at 3 4 5 in the morning.  I tip them very well and I keep their numbers in my cell.  My motoconcho in Boca Chica has access to cars and I help him out by using him to pick me up or take me to the airport or wherever I need to go instead of taxis.  Nowadays I only stay in Boca Chica when I'm meeting something new that I met online that lives closer to Boca Chica than Sosua

You all sound like you're butt f--king these moto's, you and CConstipation.  f--k all that, i don't trust anyone there as far as i can throw them.  I have some very, very, very close dominican friends, i mean people i've known for close to 10 years, do i trust them? f--k no!  Never trust anyone, especially someone in that country. 

drlover1962

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »

You all sound like you're butt f--king these moto's, you and CConstipation.  f--k all that, i don't trust anyone there as far as i can throw them.  I have some very, very, very close dominican friends, i mean people i've known for close to 10 years, do i trust them? f--k no!  Never trust anyone, especially someone in that country.
How does someone get to be your close friend if you don't trust them?  Does that even make sense at all??

drlover1962

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »

To become your close friends one would assume that you are in their presence a lot.  Hence you trust them not to rob you or kill you or put something in your food or alcohol when you drunk!!  You spending more time with people that you don't trust than I do with someone I trust to give me a 3 minute moto ride with a chica.  Genius!!

MEMPHIS_RAINES

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 12:43:43 AM »

How does someone get to be your close friend if you don't trust them?  Does that even make sense at all??

Yo cuz, it's not for you to make sense of it.  It seriously isn't for you..it's only for me to understand and make sense of it.  Do you understand that? If not...well i can't help you cuz.  You're on your own.

drlover1962

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 05:27:37 AM »
Hey cuz, I've been on my own every 2 or 3 months since September 2010!!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal