Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Sosua Street Advice

24 hour Sosua Emergency Hospital

(1/5) > >>

SosuaSam:
In case of emergency there is a 24 hour hospital on the main road. From the Sosua Texaco on the main road go east towards Cabarete about 1 mile and it is a big red building on your left. The name of the place is Centro Medico Cabarete (809-571-4696) but it is in Sosua. Ask any moto taxi if you don't understand these instructions.

DeeNice:
Good to know, wasn't aware...thanx

bornjust777:
I HAD AN UNEXPECTED MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND THE DOCTORS THERE WERE SUPRISINGLY EXCELLENT ......... 

Tluv69:
Yeah I sent a couple nights in there in April ( dehydration) , they are top notch !
You will be ok with your US insurance too, Aetna sent me the full amount and I paid them through a Fla. medical billing service.
The owner is a Argentinian nuro surgeon who has all the toys  you'd expect in a major hospital .
Hopefully you'll never have a need !
Hydrate !!!

donny:
tluv jfyi while traveling thailand last yr I became dehydrated severely from drinking heat too much alcohol and diving not muff diving lol scuba diving
speaking with dive instructors in thailand a lot of them take at least one pkg of Electrolyte Gastro
its a powdered oral rehydration therapy quite tasty actually and you can even drink with alcoholic fruit drink lol  comes in 4.9 gram individual pkgs prob can get at drug store in DR i know u can in thailand infact in thailand aloof of bars where dive instructors hang out sell it
it works a lot better than gatorade but still drinking lots of water as well certainly helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version