global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Any intel on NLB/Nelson’s Lounge And Bistro?  (Read 5520 times)

RebeliousSpirit

Any intel on NLB/Nelson’s Lounge And Bistro?
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »
Anyone have any info on NLB/Nelson’s Lounge and Bistro near Super Pola? Thinking about going there my next trip. The churrasco looks real good.

Also, anywhere in Sosua to get a decent Old Fashioned?

Bamboo

Re: Any intel on NLB/Nelson’s Lounge And Bistro?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
Just went there my last visit two weeks ago .Nice place with good food that takes credit cards. They tend to get more spanish speaking clients, so only one of the waiters on staff spoke to me. There's a big playground on site so lots of families chill there. Nice break from the mongering .

YungPhilly215

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 02:02:18 PM »
Just went there my last visit two weeks ago .Nice place with good food that takes credit cards. They tend to get more spanish speaking clients, so only one of the waiters on staff spoke to me. There's a big playground on site so lots of families chill there. Nice break from the mongering .

did they charge a fee or percentage to use credit card?
I make it rain on them hoes

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »
Went to NLB on this trip. Great food. I got the “Especial de Chef” churrasco, which is churrasco steak stuffed with cream cheese and peppers and covered in a honey mustard sauce. Really good stuff. Totally worth the 800 pesos.

I didn’t notice a credit card surcharge, if there was one it was minimal.

Twinpasola

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 05:06:06 PM »
The churrasco there is slammin, don't play ya self! If you're not a steak fan, they have a huge menu of other good food to choose from

Pussyrus1422

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »

No extra charges for CC, and the 2 taxes are shown on the slip along with a line for the tip to be added if you choose. Wednesday night is the Charrasco special 600 peso, can never finish it. Thier pizzas and hamburger specials are off the wall, bit pricey,  but worth it. If your into draft beers , Nelson`s son has a brewery right beside the resturant.

jd66

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 05:24:52 PM »
Been there a few times and the food is really good

Had a streak one time.  Cooked very well and tasty

and have some of the best burgers you will find anywhere in Sosua.  They use a good cut of beef for there burgers and they are not to salty

blue-eyed-devil

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
That steak and burger both looked huge. Gonna have to give them a shot.

Al NYC

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 06:59:00 AM »
Been there a few times and the food is really good

Had a streak one time.  Cooked very well and tasty

and have some of the best burgers you will find anywhere in Sosua.  They use a good cut of beef for there burgers and they are not to salty

Wow that looks good. Gonna check it out when I visit Sosua is a couple of weeks.

Al NYC

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 07:00:24 AM »

No extra charges for CC, and the 2 taxes are shown on the slip along with a line for the tip to be added if you choose. Wednesday night is the Charrasco special 600 peso, can never finish it. Thier pizzas and hamburger specials are off the wall, bit pricey,  but worth it. If your into draft beers , Nelson`s son has a brewery right beside the resturant.

How much was it for the pizzas and burgers??

jd66

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 10:05:35 AM »

How much was it for the pizzas and burgers??

I don't remember exact prices on things but it's all pretty reasonable.  About the same cost as you would pay at a Balogna or at Margot  ( Btw Margot is also very good)  and probably a little cheaper than Bailee's.   I haven't had the pizza yet but it looks really good and the have a brick oven that they bake it in.

My burger fries and a drink was less than 1,000RD

The churrasco is about 600RD and is very good to.

The steak I had in the picture was a ribeye and all in was less than 1500RD.

They do have various cuts of beef on the menu but not all of them are always available.

I have yet to have anything there I didn't like.

BTW  Hispanola Diners Club is also very good and affordable and the view is pretty special as well.  A great place to go at sunset.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
Just got there on last saturday with my favorita.
Very nice and upscale place.
More expensive than Bailey's but IMO well worth it.
They have tables both outside and inside if you suffer too much from the heat.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
Just got there on last saturday with my favorita.
Very nice and upscale place.
More expensive than Bailey's but IMO well worth it.
They have tables both outside and inside if you suffer too much from the heat.

Ya definitely better than Bailees. Much fresher food. Everything is frozen at Bailees it seems.

But Bailees is convenient. Always a safe choice. And I think people forget that ITBIS (18%) is included in the price at Bailees, which makes a HUGE difference.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 01:30:57 PM »
Nelson's is a sleeping giant. I've never had a bad meal or experience there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAKt0LHiX0
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal