global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Big Dave's barbecue  (Read 32044 times)

new2sosua

Re: Big Dave's barbecue
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »
Ate at Big D's today.  On point as usual!

Realrocky

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »
For Dominican standards he is overpriced. He's asking for American prices

FuenteFuente

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 02:07:56 PM »
Free enterprise system, even in the Dominican Republic. I mean, you can grab a chica off the street for as little as $20 U.S., or you can check one out from Pica Flor for $150. Free enterprise system.

You can stay at Europa for $27 or at Sosua Inn for $85. Your choice.

Big D obviously has a clientel that appreciates his food and is willing to pay his prices. Why should he charge less?
I am a voracious reader, news junkie and learner of the Dominican Republic culture and lifestyle. My recommendations, posts and reviews are my own. No one in the D.R. has ever paid or comped me to do shit.

DrinksOnMe

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
The food costs more but it is worth it:

CatchaFiyah83

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »
Pork is a nasty muthuf--ka

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2019, 05:53:54 PM »
Had Big D’s again this trip. Excellent as always. Very well might be the best BBQ I’ve had ANYWHERE.* Great ribs, great sides, amazing sauce.

*I am from the North, so you southern boys might’ve had some better stuff. But for a yankee like me Big D’s is other-worldly stuff.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:58:56 PM by ccme_hobby »

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
Took a chica there and she attacked those ribs like she just got out a concentration camp. lol.

Yo! They eat big d's like it's lobster meal. You its a site to watch chicas go ham on them ribs.fellas it's a must see. One chica told me she always dreamed to have ribs from there.lol

Ya my wifey chica’s favorite part of my trips. She loves it. She says it’s because for most Dominicans, they eat nothing but chicken most of the time because it is cheap. So when they get the chance to attack some real meat they love it.

Fuentes

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
Had Big D’s again this trip. Excellent as always. Very well might be the best BBQ I’ve had ANYWHERE.* Great ribs, great sides, amazing sauce.

*I am from the North, so you southern boys might’ve had some better stuff. But for a yankee like me Big D’s is other-worldly stuff.

Good to hear Big D's is back in business! He had been closed for a while last time I was there. I know he had been shuttling to the U.S. a lot for some health issues. Did you see him this time at the restaurant?

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2019, 08:02:52 PM »

Good to hear Big D's is back in business! He had been closed for a while last time I was there. I know he had been shuttling to the U.S. a lot for some health issues. Did you see him this time at the restaurant?

He was not on the beach when I visited last week.

He was there when I visited back in January.

Fuentes

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »
Thanks for the update. I know he has been struggling with his health. I'm hoping things are better for him.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »

He wasen't there when I went sunday but his staff told me that he was coming back later that day (sunday)
Ribs were awesome like usual.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Hosseini

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2020, 09:08:25 PM »
I need to visit this spot, and Flip Flop's...gotta show my respects to the OG's!
“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” - Omar Khayyam

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »
Anyone been lately?  What's the scoop on Big Ds?
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal