global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Transportation in Santo Domingo  (Read 6662 times)

KingPOP

Transportation in Santo Domingo
« on: November 29, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »
I’m taking my first trip to Santo Domingo next week, and the person I am linking up with is trying to convince me to rent a car. My question is for the people who’ve been to Santo Domingo already, is it necessary to rent a car while there? Or can I basically use Uber everywhere with no problems? I will be there for 5 nights and I’m staying by the Presidential Residence in Gazcue. Looking at the map I’m a 10 minute walk from Zona Colonial.

Other thing is the person trying to get the car for me went from telling me it’s $35 a day to $50 now (yeah ok). If it is necessary to get a car, does anyone knew anyone with a better price? Thanks

We all 'monger' different *shrug*

JoeyInNY

Re: Transportation in Santo Domingo
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »
Unless you plan on a road trip use Uber - especially if you'll be out at night and drinking. If she doesn't like it, you know what to do. YOUR vacation, YOUR money.

Captainsaveahoe

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:42:05 PM »
When i am in SD i only use Uber.  Most rides are very cheap.  under $5.  I am not sure how much traveling you will be doing, but if you are just staying in the city Uber is great.  Never had an issue with Uber.

Fuentes

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 12:48:01 PM »
Always control your details. I agree that Uber or other public transportation is your best bet on a first visit. Get to know the woman a little bit before going all out on a rental car. If you all become friends, then yeah, jumping into the rental car thing makes sense. You can toss her the keys and kick back and relax as she steers you around the island. But right now, you don't even know her, or know if you'll even like her. Also, Santo Domingo can be tough to drive in. I mean, imagine dropping into Manhattan and you can't read or write the language.

Again, in my view for your upcoming trip: Uber, driver or taxi. One step at a time, young fella.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal