global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Atlanta Lights! C'mon up to some great deals!!  (Read 7287 times)

tugboaboat5393

Re: Atlanta Lights! C'mon up to some great deals!!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2021, 07:25:24 AM »
One thing I noticed about DR videos is that many vloggers eat hella heavy.  I hope they are running on the treadmill or beach to burn it off.
I know I talk about the cows that now populate Sosua but I gotta be honest...the DUDES that fly in have gotten WAY bigger too!!

Maybe that is one reason why the chicas have unionized and renegotiated the monger contracts...they gotta lay under dudes pushing 300 lbs. now!
Even Funnier  fat cow chicas on Top let that sink in !

wavey711

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »
#1 Big Mac in Puerto Plata

The menu is straight foward even by U.S. standards. The real question is does POP have the American clientele to support their business model. Maybe they are banking on cruise ship crowds to flock to POP if that industry ever recovers, or there must be a large influx of American Expats living in POP. Nice spot but they need the clientele to cover that rent. It looks like sacrifices had to be made, nice spot but simple menu or nice menu but simple spot.

Crave

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »
I am not good at predicting. Maybe decent at it but Im going to go and try the place out at least one time. I could drive over after a session at Blackbeards.

bangher_leever

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »

The menu is straight foward even by U.S. standards. The real question is does POP have the American clientele to support their business model. Maybe they are banking on cruise ship crowds to flock to POP if that industry ever recovers, or there must be a large influx of American Expats living in POP. Nice spot but they need the clientele to cover that rent. It looks like sacrifices had to be made, nice spot but simple menu or nice menu but simple spot.

he's going to need to grease the "shore leave" tour operators to get the cruise ship crowd. I was in a cigar shop and seen the cruise ship group come in. they got a brief history lesson of tobacco and cigars in the DR, they bought cigars and left for the chocolate place/factory.  10 mins later one guy came back to the cigar shop and got his envelope of cash.

THAT BEING SAID.... COLE HAS NO PROBLEMS ABOUT GREASING THE AUTHORITIES.. LMAO

Viva La Vega

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2021, 08:53:01 AM »

he's going to need to grease the "shore leave" tour operators to get the cruise ship crowd. I was in a cigar shop and seen the cruise ship group come in. they got a brief history lesson of tobacco and cigars in the DR, they bought cigars and left for the chocolate place/factory.  10 mins later one guy came back to the cigar shop and got his envelope of cash.

There will be no cruise visits to Amber Cove (15km away!) until June at the earliest. Canada has cancelled sailings until spring 2022. Do you even know anyone that would get on a cruise ship this year?

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »
I think it all boils down to the traffic the place receives.  I didn't see a lot of people there when I visited and I don't know what costs he faces to keep it running. But that said, I saw mangoes!  Two tables with two mangoes each.  Another table had his or his buddies girlfriend from the video with a couple of guys. In my opinion there as fillers and not actual patrons. Drinking and dancing.  Looked nice but the spot is out of sight so passersby cant see it or feel like they are missing out by not going inside.  Just like the old restaurant that used to be there...I didnt know it was up there until I saw it on a youtube video. It's hard to see.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

lazy_monger

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2021, 09:05:09 AM »
Can I ask the obvious question no one else has? What happens if HW defies all the odds and the place starts turning a healthy profit. Yall really think that a gringo is gonna have a popping spot on the malecon without any Dominicans wanting a cut?

How long before he has multiple hands in his pockets, police or otherwise? The nightclub/bar business can be tricky in first world countries, let alone the DR....

Yeah, most of those businesses barely break even but if you do start making money or even appear to be making money, life gets really complicated.

bangher_leever

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2021, 10:29:45 AM »

There will be no cruise visits to Amber Cove (15km away!) until June at the earliest. Canada has cancelled sailings until spring 2022. Do you even know anyone that would get on a cruise ship this year?

damn. my bad for not starting my comment with "when the cruise ships resume" also 15kms away is why they pack into the assigned cruise ship tour buses to visit pre determined spot...

wavey711

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »

Crazy! This is just a bad time to open a business anywhere especially a sit down restaurant, it's sad.

DrinksOnMe

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2021, 02:49:16 PM »
@drinks I am not sure your serious or joking. @seniortoto makes the right points.  I do not discourage anyone from hanging outside sosua.  Pop has been popping on Sunday forever, but can you do well there is the question? @drinks if the dimes and non pros want nothing to do with sosua why would dudes from sosua be able to come up to pop and start pulling dimes and non pros..  When you leave sosua you back in the real world and all those things dude complain about on here: swag, being judged, appearance, Spanish ability are now all back in play. Can you pull a bad bitch off the rip only you know that....

Also, some of you underestimate Dominicans because all you do is go to sosua and think they might not know your a sex tourist or cannot look at you an immediately size you up.   Never play them for fools. You go out to hot spots in the DR, there will be players all around you - it's a drug distribution point so do not play stupid.  I told you on here a gringo got his ass kicked out in front of Lovera by a player and the bouncers and police just stood and watched as they were not going to cross that dude.  Do not worry pop is not going to be a new monger spot.

My post was a satirical take on the business idea of opening a restaurant with an American name serving American food where there aren't too many American visitors and where the local people don't really give a shit about American food.

Also...how many Atlanta, New York, Chicago, East St. Louis dudes are really going to go where the streetwalkers aren't present?

OD45

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2021, 04:46:49 AM »
Instead being a snow crab, Flip Flop should have seized the opportunity first.

Guess he doesn't have the money or credit he says he does.

He and his Compton Boys fitna open a place on the Malecon to compete with Atlanta

Lol, you keep mentioning “Compton Boys”. Flip is from NY, right? Who are the CPT boys you are referring to? ????

PoonTangClan

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »
Dropped in on Atlanta Lights today. The food was actually very good, and I’m quite the food critic, so this is me saying a lot. Meal prices average around $10-$12 USD. It’s reasonable, and the portion size was good.

I wanted sweet tea, but they didn’t have any, so I opted for the fruit punch (which actually turned out to be Kool-Aid), lol. I won’t do that drink again, that Kool-Aid shit ain’t for me. ????

Spanish music was blaring, and the locals patronizing the spot were feeling it. It was early evening so the place wasn’t packed, but people were trickling in. The view from the rooftop is spectacular.

Miami Bar downstairs was packed, so I think Atlanta Lights might get some good “trickle up” business from that. I wish the Atlanta Lights establishment good luck. I think I’ll definitely visit again.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2021, 08:52:36 AM »
I think it's time for a revisit to see how they are holding up. A meal with a view for less than 500pesos shouldnt be ignored. LoL!
https://www.instagram.com/atlantalightspop/
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal