global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: MIA airport experience. Global Entry, Pre Check  (Read 2564 times)

jd66

Re: MIA airport experience. Global Entry, Pre Check
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2021, 12:29:04 AM »
I've had Global entry for years and just renewed it. It is truly a time saver worth every penny. TSA precheck is $85 and good for domestic travel only. Global entry will reduce the customs line time dramatically!! Apply long before you need it. It could take 3-6 months for approval. Also unless you're near a interviewing airport once conditionally approved have a little time between connecting flights and do an interview upon landing. Everyone who travels out of country frequently needs it.
I am that guy that is conditionally approved this year.   I will be flying into one of three airports that conduct the interview of passengers arriving from an international flight.  MIA,EWR or JFK 

Do you have any idea how long that interview takes for those who are conditionally approved?    Im on my 3rd attempt at renewal.   I lost my money on my previous attempt at renewal during the pandemic with everything shut down.   Before that, I intended to go for the interview, but  my flight landed and discharged passengers in the domestic terminal.   There was no way to get back up to the immigration area of international arrivals to secure an interview.

I did my renewal interview in Dallas a couple years back.
It was done coming back from an International flight and didn't even have a set appointment time.   

They just had a separate line at customs and took about 5 minutes total.   They asked no questions like the first time. 

Took my fingerprints again

I had my approval email before boarding my connecting flight and they processed it all right there with the new stuff in the mail the next day

Very efficient

For others considering Global entry I think it's totally worth it.

Always very fast getting through the airport and TSA precheck locally is also a bonus

At MIA you don't even scan your passport anymore.  It's all facial recognition and takes seconds. 

They don't hardly ever even ask any questions

Dothedamthing

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2021, 02:38:12 AM »
I've had Global entry for years and just renewed it. It is truly a time saver worth every penny. TSA precheck is $85 and good for domestic travel only. Global entry will reduce the customs line time dramatically!! Apply long before you need it. It could take 3-6 months for approval. Also unless you're near a interviewing airport once conditionally approved have a little time between connecting flights and do an interview upon landing. Everyone who travels out of country frequently needs it.
I am that guy that is conditionally approved this year.   I will be flying into one of three airports that conduct the interview of passengers arriving from an international flight.  MIA,EWR or JFK 

Do you have any idea how long that interview takes for those who are conditionally approved?    Im on my 3rd attempt at renewal.   I lost my money on my previous attempt at renewal during the pandemic with everything shut down.   Before that, I intended to go for the interview, but  my flight landed and discharged passengers in the domestic terminal.   There was no way to get back up to the immigration area of international arrivals to secure an interview.

It was done coming back from an International flight and didn't even have a set appointment time.   

They just had a separate line at customs and took about 5 minutes total.   They asked no questions like the first time. 

I had my approval email before boarding my connecting flight and they processed it all right there with the new stuff in the mail the next day

Very efficient

Always very fast getting through the airport and TSA precheck locally is also a bonus

At MIA you don't even scan your passport anymore.  It's all facial recognition and takes seconds. 

If it's your first interview it will be no longer than 30 minutes from the time you land. Apon arrival let the people who are directing you where to go that you are conditionally approved for Global Entry and want an interview. They will have you go scan your passport in at the Kiosk and then report to the Global Entry line for your interview. They will scan your passport again, verify your second form of ID, take your fingerprints, take your picture, and finish processing your application. You will receive your Global Entry card in the mail in about 2-3 weeks. Then you can enjoy breezing through the customs line.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

lazy_monger

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 04:15:42 AM »
I am thinking about doing this Global entery,,

I fly too much, and I am tired from being brought back to the back room ,,, 😠
They bug me with  (why do you travel much) or (how can you afford staying long In those destinations) or (nice Versace glasses, you have designer clothes, you paid for them?!ect ect) or (why do you carry two phones)

Sorry for the many examples, just being bothered 9 out 10 times when I get back, they make me feel like I sell drugs or something SMH

would getting GLOBAL ENTERY eliminate taking me back to the room for further questioning? If anyone knows plz speak up lol

Man, get it.  I had to deal with that bullshit too.  It is well worth having it not to deal with CPB agents trying to play detective.  I kept telling them as much times as I have come in and out of the country if I were up to something they would have caught me by now.  Plus being at home chilling while people you've travel with are still in the immigration line makes it even better.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2021, 06:49:17 AM »
I think when i was on the way to DR it was March break, and a Saturday and it was a shitshow.

Coming back last Monday, i was the only person in the immigration hall! Chose of 4 empty counters!

Agent: Where you going?

Me: Home

Agent: Have a nice day.

murano2010

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »

Very efficient

If it's your first interview it will be no longer than 30 minutes from the time you land. Apon arrival let the people who are directing you where to go that you are conditionally approved for Global Entry and want an interview. They will have you go scan your passport in at the Kiosk and then report to the Global Entry line for your interview. They will scan your passport again, verify your second form of ID, take your fingerprints, take your picture, and finish processing your application. You will receive your Global Entry card in the mail in about 2-3 weeks. Then you can enjoy breezing through the customs line.

Very efficient

I havent looked at my Global Entry Card that I currently have.   I guess it has an expiration date on it?  Because you guys are saying you received a new card in the mail.   I was under the impression that my card doesnt have an expiration  date on it.   Just that the Kiosk recognizes members in good standing vs expired memberships.

Edit :   Well I'll be damned.  My card does have an expiration date on it.   Expired in 2019.   I recall going to the kiosk on November 2019 coming back from an international flight.   I think I had paid for a renewal and got conditionally approved back then,  but when I arrived in the states there were no agents to conduct the interview.   

Now I have a new renewal, and conditionally approved.   Thanks for the feedback.   

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:40:02 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

Texast

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »

Very efficient

Cosign -Got back from Santo domingo on a Spirit flight that landed at 4:50am at FLL (FT. Lauderdale)  but the Customs didn't open till 5am. So there were 3 other plane loads that landed before us and were about 300 deep already waiting in the hallway. The lady came through and grabbed us global entry holders  and moved us to the front. Customs opened at 5 and i was through by 5:10.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 11:06:29 AM »
....and at some point, we'll all receive the mark of the beast and the whole process will be easier.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal