global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Anyone know if "Verizon Phone" will work w/SIM cards I can get in Puerta Plata?  (Read 894 times)

CaptCaribbean

I'm flying into POP, staying one night there before my reservation at Black Beard's the following day.

Is there a phone store at or near the airport you can point me to? If I bring a spare Verizon phone of mine, can I get a SIM card that will work with that phone (at said recommended POP phone store)?

Thank you in advance. This is really the last thing for which I need to develop a plan. I am soooo looking forward to my first DR run!

jd66

Make sure the phone is unlocked and it should work

Stones

JD is right. Your phone will work in the DR if it is unlocked. I assume you're staying in Sosua for the one night before heading to BB? There will be a phone store within walking distance of your hotel. Just ask at the front desk.

crazy_canuck

I'm flying into POP, staying one night there before my reservation at Black Beard's the following day.

Is there a phone store at or near the airport you can point me to? If I bring a spare Verizon phone of mine, can I get a SIM card that will work with that phone (at said recommended POP phone store)?

Thank you in advance. This is really the last thing for which I need to develop a plan. I am soooo looking forward to my first DR run!

What time you arrive and where you will be staying?
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Dothedamthing

Your spare Verizon phone will work just fine. All Verizon phones are unlocked after you own them for 60 days. Below is directly from their phone unlocking policy page.

Devices that you purchase from Verizon are locked for 60 days after purchase. Devices that you purchase from one of our authorized retailers are locked for 60 days after activation. After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock unless the device is deemed stolen or purchased fraudulently. Following the 60 day lock period, we do not lock our phones at any time.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer

Should not be a problem.  Verizon used to be in the DR.  I think they were purchased by Claro
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

Brickholder

Wait will a regular US Verizon cell phone not work? Do you have to switch out the SIM?

Hobby

Your phone will work.  If you use Verizon service they have something called "passport".  It allows you to use your phone internationally.  Be aware the Verizon service charges a lot per day to use this service.  I always use it when I am out of the country. You don't have to do anything. When you land in another country the service starts automatically .  It's like 9.99 per day.

Hobby

Dothedamthing

Wait will a regular US Verizon cell phone not work? Do you have to switch out the SIM?
Your phone will work.  If you use Verizon service they have something called "passport".  It allows you to use your phone internationally.  Be aware the Verizon service charges a lot per day to use this service.  I always use it when I am out of the country. You don't have to do anything. When you land in another country the service starts automatically .  It's like 9.99 per day.

Hobby

Yes your every day Verizon phone will work without changing the sim. Verizon offers international use at $10 a day as Hobby stated. Okay for a short stay. But can get expensive on a long trip.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

Freezeman

Get travel talk before you leave. Will cost you $10 a day and you can use your phone like normal.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal