global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: di flights went up?  (Read 985 times)

hotsun

di flights went up?
« on: June 07, 2021, 07:34:09 PM »
hey fellows.

was looking at booking a trip to POP and now I see from $600 to $800 flights from Miami.
is it summer hight season ? do you know if this is normal and when they go down? or is it gas prices?

I did pay around $230 I think, but it was February.

just checking. That $800 seems to high thou.

tugboaboat5393

Re: di flights went up?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 08:14:15 PM »
True prices have gone up,  Fuel increases, more demand post covide .plus Air lines makeing up for lost income .  Remeber to book early for the best deal!

IP-JD

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 11:06:37 PM »
@Tugboat hit all the bullet points.
1. High fuel cost cause by hack, shortage, etc.
2. Airlines making up for 2020 lost revenue. Though travel demand is up again, airlines have not increased number of routes to pre-covid levels, creating a false higher demand than current supply pushing up prices.
3. less routes. I used to be able to Connect in Toronto, Panama, and Mexico city into STI. all of those routes are off the board right now (Toronto completely, Copa and AeroMexico into SDQ only.

Its 900-1000 from the Pacific NorthWest with only 2 return flights a day from Miami. Definately making up for the $288RT flights I got them for during Covid
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:04:49 PM by IP-JD »

KingPOP

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 11:19:46 PM »
How do you search your flights? I’m seeing as low as $412 on Google flights. MIA to POP.
We all 'monger' different *shrug*

Travelguy90

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 02:21:26 AM »
How do you search your flights? I’m seeing as low as $412 on Google flights. MIA to POP.
a while back that 412$ flight was 238-275 from Miami to POP round trip. I bought that flight in February for March of this year. Now when I check for Miami to POP months out in advance I’m stuck in the 400s, that’s off Google flights. The prices have increased after declining earlier this year
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 05:12:02 AM »
For Sure an $800 RT trip is pricey ,2 schools of thought, Book at least 30 days out use your air miles or credits,,,Now if you your going to be down there for a few weeks or more and you dont mind going to santiago, save a few $$, A short trip is costly  if only 3 or 4 days, with the high fares, ,  may have to smash 7 8 9 s, and skip the $150 Dime,,,  Also say Know to exstra gifts for repeat chicas tell them areo mucho, no gifts cell phones  weaves and hair extensions !!!!

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »
I don't think flying to STI should be a problem. Rent a car for 2000pesos a day, and drive the 2 hours to/from Sosua. Simple.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Backgroundhustlin

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
Another airport in Samana just opened. American Airlines flies directly from Charlotte.  Only 2 flights a week though.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2021/06/07/first-direct-flight-between-samana-and-charlotte-arrives/

Honcho

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 09:42:50 AM »
Flying into STI is outrageous for my planned dates. SDQ used to be comparable but now SDQ is much  cheaper. I know it’s not peak season but for the first time, Flying into RIO is cheaper than flying into DR. SMDH!

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »
Flying into STI is outrageous for my planned dates. SDQ used to be comparable but now SDQ is much  cheaper. I know it’s not peak season but for the first time, Flying into RIO is cheaper than flying into DR. SMDH!

Buying the flight 4weeks in advance is crucial. After that, you have to be open to flying in/out of alternate airports. And to make it cost effective...RENTING A CAR WILL SAVE TIME AND HUNDRED(S) OF DOLLARS. Consider that time a layover [2hrs Sti/4hrs Sdq[/b]
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Freezeman

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 03:44:30 PM »
Height of Covid yea it was cheaper but before Covid it was $750 from Atl but from Miami to there sound a bit high.

I don’t now but I use to fly spirit into Santiago round trip from Atl for like $375.00 if you want to really save money.
Thing is your going to get in about 2 am and you need to book a room at Hotel Matum pay for extra guest like $5 or so but that will allow you to bring girl to room
You can Uber or Lyft from airport to hotel
Then you can catch a bus the next morning to Sosua for like $12.00
Hotel Matum use to be about $60

This is just if you got time and want to do it the cheapest. When Covid hit I didn’t want to do the extra steps so I just paid to land in Puerto Plata earlier this year it was under $500
My last trip I think it was $700 or $800 round trip from Atl
Hope that help but Uber and Lyft work in DR maybe both but I know 1 of the 2 do

myjohnson69

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
Here is my two cents,
I just booked for early October Wednesday to Monday for $451 (which includes my seat round trip).

The tips that have worked are:
Book as early as possible
Use Google Flights,
Make sure your browser is on private mode
Late night seems to kind of work

Good luck and stay safe!

PoonTangClan

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »
Between the combination of the summer season and a huge crush of people looking to travel with loosened Covid restrictions, flight prices are going to be unusually high. Demand is way up.

Anything before Labor Day and shortly thereafter is gonna cost.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal