global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Anhvee  (Read 9582 times)

jd66

Re: Anhvee
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2021, 02:56:17 AM »
Taylor Made Dreams made a video, on his old channel, about how offended he felt when he returned to Sosua to learn that certain bars had restrictions imposed and others did not.  He said the demographics of the patrons between the two bars was obvious.
True but the problem was,  he only knew what was obvious to him.   Remember, the DR and Sosua particularly have always been known for false rumors going round based mostly on conjecture and by what seems obvious. 

But I pointed out a few things that may not have been obvious.  And not taken into consideration.   Whereas a few folks only wanted to stick to one narrative.    Back when those closures took place did TMD ever consider that there were some political or personal issues involved in the decision making?  Like the ongoing political war with the previous mayor, and the ongoing friction with Willy ( the current mayor ).   

Did TMD ever consider that back door deals may have been in the works for investors to acquire certain desirable property?   Is it a coincidence that 2 large foreign owned ( Asian ) retail stores are currently operating at ground zero?     Where Bourbon Street was, and where D'Latin was.    And another much larger business was opened recently on the highway, across from the Metro Bus station.   

What happened to the small businesses that were there before that building was erected?   Were undesirable mongers going to those business that were closed down?    Or were they forced out or deals made to acquire the land to build something else?   Thing is some blacks folks are too sensitive.  Anything that happens where they are involved, they take it personally.   "They did that because of us"    Knee jerk rationalization.   

Did anyone ever consider that some back door palm greasing may have been instrumental in why some establishments were left alone while others were closed down?    Now get this,  some of the businesses that were shut down also included white owned businesses.  Such as Clasico and/or Merengue.  My understanding is that Mayor Willy was just a front man for those businesses.   But the business was owned by some European descent dude.   Please help me fact check.   Maybe Merengue was Dominican owned, Im not sure. 

If a certain demographic is the target why would Dominican or White owners be forced to close their businesses,  but other white owned businesses were left alone?   Possibly for appearance sake?  So no one can say they were picking on a particular type of owner?   Remember when Rancho Tipico was shut down?   

Most of the patrons were white males,  because they were there for the Haitians.  The owner was white.  Some say he was an asshole.    So was Rancho Tipico harboring the wrong demographic of patrons?   Or was there something else going on.   We can go on and on.  La Passions, CMP.   Did TMD include these places in his assessment?   Or were they a little before he came on the scene?

IMO,  these unknowns may point to the high probability that there was more involved in the decision making than simply the concern over the demographics of patrons.   Another thing to consider.   If certain people are absolutely unwelcome in Sosua or the DR,  why were all of these undesirable foreigners allowed to fill up the hotels year after year in Sosua?   If you want to get rid of a group of undesirables,  why not shut down their access to hotels?    Shutting down a few businesses in a concentrated location aint gonna do it. 

That undesirable element will just find somewhere else to congregate.    In fact if undesirables are a problem why not run a campaign of operation harassment?   You harass and make things so uncomfortable being in the DR for undesirables until they themselves decide not to come anymore.   Instead what has happened in the last 5 to 7 years?     

The amount of so called undesirable men now living in the DR has increased significantly.   So much for not wanting undesirables.   And how many have went on to get residency here in the DR?

I believe things are much deeper than the obvious, and i admit I do not know the answers.  The problem with these linear assessments,  is that they fail to include other possibilities for certain actions or decisions.  Here's another thing to add to the mix.   Remember the malecon in PP was closed down recently because people were out drinking and partying.   

Especially at Club Miami.   Most of the people out celebrating were probably locals.   Govt officials closed down Miami and another place, and the malecon in disgust of what had happened.   

My point is,  many Dominican people are disgusted by their own undesirables and their bad behavior.   There were those that have power that may not have liked to see their own people having parties and gatherings with a bunch of people making noise and acting a fool.   My other point is,  I believe Dominicans generally dont have a problem with foreigners that behave sensibly.   

But like anywhere,  when it comes to youth, and/or ignorant folks,  color, ethnicity or citizenship may not matter who is doing it,  just that it is being done.   Maybe most people may not want to see that element around?   Black, white, Dominican, citizen, expat, tourist etc.   

The local PP govt took matters in their own hands because maybe they were disgusted and maybe it was an embarrassment to the city.  But I dont believe they closed those businesses or the malecon because of the ethnicity of it's patrons.   

If the DR govt doesnt want mongers here,  they sure are doing a bad job of representing those concerns by allowing many of so called undesirables to live in the DR.   Lets put this into perspective.   If 10 businesses are closed in Sosua, thats proof that the DR wants certain men they have deemed undesirable to go away?   

Is it black men that the DR has a problem with?  Or is it monger men?   Or both?   When Elvis was shut down,  was he shut down because a certain type of undesirable men were going there?    Nah it doesnt sound right.  Why?

Because then one would need to explain how BlackBeard or Oasis is allowed to stay open?   Dont the same undesirable men go to those places too?   So exactly when does the anti black man sentiments and courses of action from DR officials actually kick in?  This in a nutshell is why it is NOT obvious of why certain businesses in Sosua were closed while others were allowed to stay open.   

One last thing,  when posters here use the phrase "they dont want",  why not identify who they mean by they?   Individuals or a group.     We can only think in one head.   So nobody really knows whatever "THEY" think or want.    We only know what we think, they believe.  Which could be full of distortions and fallacies, and unknowns.   

If one is not willing to give consideration to the fact that they dont have all of the details,  then to some extent their opinion on why businesses were closed in Sosua may be useless or severely flawed.     

Classicos is and has always been owned by Armando Casciati.    He is a very wealthy Italian that has lived in the DR for quite along time.  Was deported and even turned away trying to get back into the country but ultimately made it back and is currently living in Sosua.   Guarantee you have seen him as he is often out and about but not as much now as in the past. 

Willie was involved as a manager and I am sure was put in place to help him protect his business interests.   

Armando also has had some ownership interest in the Bellamar/Sosua Bay hotel complex as well.  Not sure of his current ownership involvement 

A little more about him although it's not totally up to date

https://elsaphotographyblog.wordpress.com/armandocasciati-inspiration/

AD from Rancho Tipico made some stupid decisions and the powers that be came at him fast and hard and he was never the same after that. 

As far as TMB after taking some heat for some of his videos I think he came to realize that he had a huge target on his back and re locating out of Sosua was in his best interest for his long term survival.

Some here think TMB is something special so won't say much more about him as they will get their panties in a bind. 

murano2010

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2021, 08:01:07 AM »
murano2010, not quoting all that, proving me wrong doesn't bother me.  If it is just arbitrary then fine.  If my reading more into than there is then fine.

Armando got kicked out of the country long before Classico and Merengue got shutdown.  BB and Oasis aren't in Sosua. Elvis was pimping which is illegal. 

Here is the deal, making a conclusion about something doesn't mean I agree with that thing I just observed it and made a conclusion.  It is simple saying this happened then that happened, so I assume causality.  However, it doesn't mean I am an advocate of what happened.  Saying that the powers that be aren't fond of black dudes being the face of their tourism doesn't mean I agree, I am making an observation. I really care about the make up of the people that visit Sosua.
murano2010, not quoting all that, proving me wrong doesn't bother me.  If it is just arbitrary then fine.  If my reading more into than there is then fine.

It's not about proving you or anybody wrong.  If it did indeed do that, then so be it.  IMO, my contribution is just the by product of me introducing more possibilities than you or TMD were willing to entertain.   Doesnt make me right,  just makes me seem more willing to entertain possibilities.

Armando got kicked out of the country long before Classico and Merengue got shutdown.

Ok thank you for adding that tidbit.  But the fact remains, he was still physically the owner or at least connected to those properties, right or wrong?.  And as the owner, a white owner at that, his places got shutdown.   Additionally,  Im relatively certain that he was not loved by or in good graces with certain Dominican individuals.  Point being, his businesses may have been a target long before black guys started filling up Sosua, and going to Clasico and Merengue.   In other words, there was already an incentive by some to keep his businesses closed long before it was about black guys patronizing businesses.   

Willy's role may have been simply to manage Armandos properties in order to keep the DR authorities from taking it outright,  especially if plans were made to have investors take it over,  they still would have to go through another Dominican. A respected one from the community.   So it makes sense from a political view, an economic view, and a potential ongoing feud,  that Armandos businesses were always going to be a target of DR authorities. 

From locals, local govt and higher ups.   Black folks just happened to be caught up in the cross fire.   In fact lets include D' Latin.   Was D'Latin also Armando owned, with Willy as the front man?   Even if it's a no,  look what happened to the D' Latin location?   Who is up in there now?   Asian investors.   Willy eventually opened up a spot in Playa Chiquita.   Who owns it, Willy ,  Armando or somebody else?     In fact I recall at one time Willy was supposed to be trying to renovate D'Latin, and construction came to a grinding halt.  Why?  I believe his effort to re open a business there was revoked/cancelled.  The property sat idle for months, maybe an entire year.

Once construction resumed, it was quite obvious that it wasnt Willy's concept anymore for that location.  It was somebody else's.  But the narrative were supposed to go with, is that D'Latin was also closed because "THEY dont want us here"?  Right?  Never mind the possibility that other back door or behind the scenes deals were being made with investors that were bringing a lot of capital to the table?    Naw, it couldnt possibly be that.  It has to be that the DR doesnt want black people/mongers.   

BB and Oasis aren't in Sosua. Elvis was pimping which is illegal. 

Doesnt matter.  If the DR "THEY" supposedly doesnt want black folks or black mongering in their country, and blacks are the main targets,  then BB shouldnt exist,  just as much as Pica Flor ( Elvis's place )  shouldnt have existed.   Elvis was pimping, yes.  But why was he shut down?   This is what I mean by going beyond linear thinking.   You pay the right people and grease the right palms,  aint no DR officials coming after you to shut you down.   Was Elvis shut down in Cabarete for pimping before he came to Sosua?

The officals will let you continue with your business,  and you will be warned on the proper way to go about operating without seeming to pimp.   You dont think Elvis was forewarned?   Of course he knew what the hell he was doing.   He saw what happened to CMP and La pasions.   But like I said,  if you dont pay, refuse to pay, or not pay enough to the right people,  you will be deemed to be doing something illegal ( all of a sudden ).    Not months or years before,  just all of a sudden he's a pimp?  C'mon please.   

I can tell you right now, there is active drug dealing in stationary areas of Sosua.  Police have made dozens of raids.  Not because what was going on was/is illegal but because the dealers werent doing something the police monitors required.   Pay up, and pay the right amount.  ON TIME.  Not when you feel like it.    If they didnt pay,  they would continue to get busted on the regular.   So dont tell me about whats legal or illegal as if that is the end all be all when it comes to selective law enforcement in the DR.  I believe Elvis's defiance and arrogance towards the powers that be,  got him shut down.   

Not simply because he was pimping.  And what difference does it make whether or not BB or Oasis isnt in Sosua?   DR officials or "THEY" dont want us in the DR period correct?   Both places are houses of prostitution am I correct?    What real difference does it make whether or not money is paid directly to the girl or the establishment?   Thats some bullshit rationalization.   Oasis is now owned by black owners if Im not correct. 

Im sure the local PP officials knows this.   Wouldnt it seem logical for the local PP govt to find a way to shut down Oasis too?   You got black ownership and black patronage.   What more do you need if "THEY" dont want us in the DR?    Why did Crystals get shut down?   I'll bet you it was for the same reason the others got shut down.  Refusing to pay the piper.   Refusing to kiss the ring.   I could be wrong.   

If the DR supposedly has a target on black men/mongers,  then BB and Oasis should also qualify for being shut down.   Clasico or Merengue in Sosua wasnt pimping chicas or doing anything illegal that Im aware of, so tell me again why only a select few businesses were closed again?   Meanwhile black mongers and other mongers, still had free reign to go elsewhere in Sosua.   

Here is the deal, making a conclusion about something doesn't mean I agree with that thing I just observed it and made a conclusion.  It is simple saying this happened then that happened, so I assume causality.  However, it doesn't mean I am an advocate of what happened.  Saying that the powers that be aren't fond of black dudes being the face of their tourism doesn't mean I agree, I am making an observation. I really care about the make up of the people that visit Sosua.

Nobody is debating or questioning anybodies agreement or advocacy.  Thats not the issue here.   Whats being addressed is that what was provided was severely limited in it's scope,  where other histories, people places and things that went on in Sosua may paint a more comprehensive outlook, which may help explain what happened when those businesses were closed.

And even today,  with black businesses popping up left and right in Sosua,  many close enough to the strip, one needs to explain how that is going on if "THEY" dont want us here?     You got restaurants, clothing stores, and other stuff going on that black folks are a part of today   So again where and when are the governmental concerns going to kick in to root out these new undesirables hosting mongers?    Next when they close Bailee's,  it will be because pimping is illegal,  and/or black mongers congregate there, right?.    But aint white folks the owners of Bailee's?   With mostly a Dominican staff?   Are they having a problem with black monger patronage?   Or the raggedy chicas posted up there?

A staff whose livelihood benefits heavily from the massive black patronage that dine there?    I dont believe most locals are complaining about the presence of black mongers that are contributing to their economy.   Just about anybody on the hustle since the country has reopened is been hungry looking for financial representation, black , white or other.   How about some of the things black folks did as far as donations to it's citizens?   The donation of clothes and food?   Equipment and gear for the firefighters housed in Los Charamicos?   Schooling by the brother that is now deceased, Tony.   Who had established education/schooling for local children here on the north coast.    Who also got accolades from local Dominicans for his work and love of children.   

This generalization that "THEY" dont want us here is very weak when you factor in the major contributions from individuals and groups rather than concentrating on a few businesses being closed down, just because of undesirable black patron.     Lets not forget, white, Asian and Indian /patronsmongers ( add your type here ) and chicas got slighted too when certain businesses closed.   They dont count, just black guys?   

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:55:07 AM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

murano2010

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2021, 11:29:54 AM »
Got a couple of questions.  Lately we have seen more of a presence of single black women coming to the DR.  Out and about enjoying themselves.  Some are here to monger, get their Stella groove back with local men and/or women.  Others are gay, looking for action here.  Or they are bringing their own "sand to the beach"    Others are just here to vacation with no interest in "hooking up" with anybody.   

Do the "THEY"  ( DR officials or locals to whom it applies to ) want to rid the DR of their ILK/element too,  or does the undesirable title and unwelcome mat belong only to black men/mongers?    These women are black.   And if indeed these women are not wanted in Sosua or the DR, what measures can be or will be undertaken to get rid of them?    What businesses can Sosua target for closure that would supposedly prove those women are unwanted here in the DR too?   

How many of the aforementioned black women are on YT showcasing the DR p4p game,  and/or showing their asses out in public in a disrespectful way?   If the authorities arent concerned about those women,  It's probably because they are not the ones bringing the f--kery.    If folks are out there not wanting these women in the DR would likely be black mongers/men.   For obvious reasons.  Those women may represent the kind of women many men want to get away from.   

Of course other men dont give a f--k.  Live and Let Live.  In fact some black men were the ones that invited and encouraged some of those women to come to the DR/Sosua.   A few said so.   Their brothers, friends, uncles, and co workers etc.   Including doing their own research.  You can thank youbers as well.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

djplease

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2021, 02:24:24 PM »
Is Ahnvee open or closed tonight?

murano2010

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2021, 07:46:41 PM »
Armando also has had some ownership interest in the Bellamar/Sosua Bay hotel complex as well.  Not sure of his current ownership involvement 

A little more about him although it's not totally up to date

https://elsaphotographyblog.wordpress.com/armandocasciati-inspiration/

Yes correct, Armando was connected to Sosua Bay, now called Hotel Bellamar.   

murano2010

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2021, 07:55:12 PM »
Of course some of you may recall,  several years back Armando was supposedly involved in some serious scandal and drama.  Whatever happened, it resulted in him getting deported.   So anything he may have owned,  it should not be a surprise if certain DR officials ( or whom ever) would like to see it fail, closed down,  or stripped from him.   It's not necessarily mongers that are the target, IMO it's the land and real estate that is valuable.   And the places that were shut down probably caught the eye of investors.

And seeing the evidence today out in the open,  it should be a no brainer.   Ex D'Latin, Asian owned, Ex Bourbon ST Asian owned.  The Tienda on the corner of PC and Dr. Rosen, Asian owned.   The big ass store diagonally across from the Metro bus station, Asian owned.   If Rumba/Kings hadnt moved back into his spot at ground zero there is no telling what other business would have sprung up there.   Now former EL Flow is under demolition/deconstruction.   Whats next for that location?   

Was closing down select businesses about shutting down night life, curbing prostitution?  Or was that possibly a smoke screen for another agenda?  For another project.   Very easy to shut down only a few businesses claiming it draws unwanted nightlife and prostitutes,  meanwhile leaving other establishments that entertain prostitutes alone.   Bar Central and others.   

The selective closures could be a myriad of reasons?  One , concentrating on the most desirable real estate.  Two, not wanting a particular owner and his local representative to flourish/succeed.  Three, Other establishments maintained paying the piper to be left alone.  And Four,  lets throw in that black patrons/mongers are the main targets not wanted in the DR and Sosua.   

When the powers that be came up telling businesses they had to move east to a designated red zone,  that was just a strong arm move to grab the real estate that they wanted.   IMO it wasnt really or fully about relocating black people.  Why wasnt it?   Because black folks were already staying in just about every hotel on or near the strip.   Plus had full access to any restaurant or business on the strip.  Hoes and mongers to this day,  dine/drink on Pedro Clisante all the time.   

The meat and potatoes IMO was about acquiring specific desirable land/real estate.   All that talk/rhetoric about making Sosua a family friendly tourist destination,  IMO was a bunch of bull.   What the hell is so special about these Asian stores being open on the strip or on the main road for vacationing foreigners to shop at?   

Most of the hotels in and around Sosua are set up more for single travelers.  Where are all of these families and loving couples going to be staying at?   Are they going to be breaking bread up with mongers and hoes in New Garden, Sosua Inn or Bailee's too?    At some point will local Dominicans lose their weekend privileges of staying at Casa Marina Reef for reduced prices?   Point being,  these families and loving couples are going to need places to stay. 

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal