global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Can I book a one way?  (Read 2607 times)

lafftar

Can I book a one way?
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:05:44 PM »
Ayo fellas, i'm a citizen of Canada. Wondering if I can just book a one way, then figure out where i'm headed next later. I'm not sure if i'll be going to CA or elsewhere. Would it be a problem with customs at the airport when I land?

2Up

tugboaboat5393

Re: Can I book a one way?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 06:25:28 AM »
The DR is  more Stricter than the US as far as kinda keeping track whos coming in      As with the united States  its wide open borders  its Sneak in Blend in  i suppose its  same thing with the haitians sneaking in the  DR,

side note im an old duff has any one noticed in majors citys that english is not as common   i went for a bike ride around lets sat a mayjor park and public housing bike path  no one spoke english  ,is the USA going to be a third world country, no offence to hard working immigrants that came here legal,,,,funny how The DR looks more Democratic than the US

bhold2008

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 07:37:20 AM »
I book 1 way flights every other month from the US to Dr and never have any problems. I never know how long I'm staying until I'm ready to leave

JakefromStateFarm

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 05:06:42 PM »
The DR is  more Stricter than the US as far as kinda keeping track whos coming in      As with the united States  its wide open borders  its Sneak in Blend in  i suppose its  same thing with the haitians sneaking in the  DR,

side note im an old duff has any one noticed in majors citys that english is not as common   i went for a bike ride around lets sat a mayjor park and public housing bike path  no one spoke english  ,is the USA going to be a third world country, no offence to hard working immigrants that came here legal,,,,funny how The DR looks more Democratic than the US
I'll take Immigrants all day before I'd take a MAGA Republican. #FACTS

PoonTangClan

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

Jake,

You’re a troll and an imbecile. You should be banned from the board for the first reason, really.

You know how many illegals are being sex trafficked across the border to pay off illegal transport debts? Do you know how many illegals are dying in their attempts to cross the border illegally? Do you know how many illegals are part and parcel of the drug cartels sneaking fentanyl into the U.S?

Stop your nonsense. At some point, you have to get tired of spewing bullshit. Smh. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Stones

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 05:24:23 PM »

Tug: Please. You can't find one example of a third-world country like the Dominican Republic "kinda keeping track who's coming in." You know as well as I do that anybody with a valid passport can get into the DR anytime -- and leave whenever they want."

Do we have to bring politics into everything?

Viva La Vega

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 07:15:14 PM »

Tug: Please. You can't find one example of a third-world country like the Dominican Republic "kinda keeping track who's coming in." You know as well as I do that anybody with a valid passport can get into the DR anytime -- and leave whenever they want."

Hmmm... Been to DR lately? Stayed longer than a weekend? They do keep track of your visits.

E-Ticket puts you in the system, they know when you arrive. You need to show an E-Ticket to get on the plane, and you need to show it after immigration to clear customs.

When you leave, ask if they want to see it... They don't, they can see on the screen if you filled one out.

Leave anytime? Sure, but since they know when you arrived, and you did not extend your tourist visa (too much hassle, most wont) you are fined when you leave. $2500 for 60-90 days on a scale up to about $10-$15K.

They used to track the stamps to collect the fines, the new "third world" system they utilise is fully digital.

JakefromStateFarm

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 09:28:23 PM »

Jake,

You’re a troll and an imbecile. You should be banned from the board for the first reason, really.

You know how many illegals are being sex trafficked across the border to pay off illegal transport debts? Do you know how many illegals are dying in their attempts to cross the border illegally? Do you know how many illegals are part and parcel of the drug cartels sneaking fentanyl into the U.S?

Stop your nonsense. At some point, you have to get tired of spewing bullshit. Smh. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Again.....Give me an Immigrant all day every day over a MAGA moron. These MAGA MF's need to get tf out of this country. And how tf you gonna tell me I should be banned for being a troll? 🤣🤣 You dont like my opinion, so I should be banned? I thought yall was mad for being silenced on Social Media? What happened to free speech?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:08:37 PM by JakefromStateFarm »

Jazzy2019

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 10:46:10 PM »

Hmmm... Been to DR lately? Stayed longer than a weekend? They do keep track of your visits.

E-Ticket puts you in the system, they know when you arrive. You need to show an E-Ticket to get on the plane, and you need to show it after immigration to clear customs.

When you leave, ask if they want to see it... They don't, they can see on the screen if you filled one out.

Leave anytime? Sure, but since they know when you arrived, and you did not extend your tourist visa (too much hassle, most wont) you are fined when you leave. $2500 for 60-90 days on a scale up to about $10-$15K.

They used to track the stamps to collect the fines, the new "third world" system they utilise is fully digital.

On this particular subject you need to convert pesos to dollars to make or not make your point.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 10:50:33 PM »

Jake,

Again.....Give me an Immigrant all day every day over a MAGA moron. These MAGA MF's need to get tf out of this country.

I totally agree. If you can’t accept object reality you’re a danger to the social order. Who in the hell knows what that MAGA conspiracy thinking will lead you to do.

jd66

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 11:33:47 PM »

For an "old head" that claims to have knowledge of what's going on you certainly say alot of stupid and totally wrong stuff Stones.

As Viva said they totally keep track of your coming's and going's to and from the DR.

You get 30 days when you come and you can apply to extend up to 120 days.

https://migracion.gob.do/en/servicio/stay-extension/#:~:text=Authorize%20foreigners%20interested%20in%20prolonging,extended%20up%20to%20120%20days.

True you can stay longer and simply pay the overstay fees if you don't get the extension like you are supposed to do but if you do they also have the right to deny you entry into the DR in the future if they want to.

Technically you are also required to have a return ticket booked before you enter the DR. 
The airlines are supposed to be checking to see that you have it.  Not entirely sure how closely they are looking at it right now due to staffing issues with the airlines but certainly easy enough for them to flag your reservation and check just like they often due with your passport prior to departure.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:36:32 PM by jd66 »

Stones

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2022, 12:00:00 AM »
Stupid and wrong? LOL. OK. It is totally possible to buy a one-way ticket to the Dominican Republic. But to avoid suspicion of illegal immigration you should have at least a reservation for a return flight out of the country. That simple.

Again, the question was can you book a one-way. The answer is yes. But to do that you should be able to show proof of intention of onward travel, such as a reservation for a return flight to the United States or to another country.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 12:20:57 AM by Stones »

jd66

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 12:51:06 AM »
Stupid and wrong? LOL. OK. It is totally possible to buy a one-way ticket to the Dominican Republic. But to avoid suspicion of illegal immigration you should have at least a reservation for a return flight out of the country. That simple.

Again, the question was can you book a one-way. The answer is yes. But to do that you should be able to show proof of intention of onward travel, such as a reservation for a return flight to the United States or to another country.

No shit "Old Head"   
I buy one way tickets to or from the DR all the time as I combine it with a miles purchase the other way to bring the overall cost of the flight down substantially
But I always have a return ticket which is technically required.

A reservation for a flight won't do a damn thing for you since it is not a purchased ticket.

But this is what you posted that I called out which has nothing to do with a one way flight.

So you still claim that post is accurate   ::)  Even after Viva called you out with the E ticket
I know you won't answer, you will just deflect like you always do

The stupid and wrong stuff you post was not confined to this thread only.
It just doesn't get called out all the time since it happens so often. There is no point arguing with the ignorant.
Quite frankly for someone that claims to have as much experience as you do there certainly are alot things you say that makes one shake their head in disbelief
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:45:01 AM by jd66 »

Stones

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2022, 01:03:23 AM »
Have a good day, JD. My answer is correct. It is possible to book a one-way flight to the Dominican Republic.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal