global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: SANTO DOMINGO TO PUERTA PLATA  (Read 862 times)

TheSixtyMinuteMan

SANTO DOMINGO TO PUERTA PLATA
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:47:45 PM »
Greetings fellow mongers,
I'm hoping to get information and advice on what options and what would be the best way to get from Santo Domingo to Puerta Plata. Thanks in advance.

cknice11

Re: SANTO DOMINGO TO PUERTA PLATA
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:54:47 PM »
Easiest and best way is to get a taxi or driver. Cheapest way is to just hop on the bus.

Stones

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 03:50:14 AM »
Bus information: https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santo-Domingo/Puerto-Plata. Pretty simple. You just take a taxi to the bus station and then wait for the next bus. There are two major bus lines -- Metro and Caribe. Be aware that not all Metro buses have bathrooms. Also take a sweater and wear long pants. Sometimes the drivers really crank the AC. Good luck.

Cadon

• All Access
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 01:30:32 PM »
I made this journey in June 2022, you can take caribetours.com.do, only 550DP from coach station, took almost 5 hours on the express service. Make sure you have a good play list. Have a good tip.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 01:48:18 PM »
I saw a Caribe Tours station just by the exit for RD-7 to Nagua close to SDQ, is that the station folks use to catch a bus to Sosua?

Thinking it could be as a Caribe bus passed me on the STO-DGO bypass. If so, that station is about 5 miles from the airport. Certainly makes the trip easier than I had thought.

jd66

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 02:54:24 PM »
I saw a Caribe Tours station just by the exit for RD-7 to Nagua close to SDQ, is that the station folks use to catch a bus to Sosua?

Thinking it could be as a Caribe bus passed me on the STO-DGO bypass. If so, that station is about 5 miles from the airport. Certainly makes the trip easier than I had thought.

It would be nice but I don't think you can get to Sosua on Caribe from that bus station.
That station used to take a route towards Nagua and Cabrera and I believe that's about as far as it goes on that route.  Be nice if it continued to Sosua as that is a pretty nice route.  But I think Caribe actually has a bus from Cabrera to Rio San Juan

The Guagua which like a Publico van runs from about Rio San Juan to Puerto Plata so in theory you could take Caribe to Cabrera and a second bus to Rio San Juan and then the Guagua to Sosua but those vans are pretty small and cramped for that last leg.   But if you can handle the publico then the Guagua might be workable but it is no Caribe bus that's for sure.

Tarantin0

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »
I made this journey in June 2022, you can take caribetours.com.do, only 550DP from coach station, took almost 5 hours on the express service. Make sure you have a good play list. Have a good tip.

Thanks, this is useful..

What’s the journey like? I like the price but 5 hours is a long time. Was it pretty comfortable on the coach? Are they modern vehicles?

Stones

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »
The bus trip is very comfortable. Just remember that not all of the Metro buses have bathrooms. Also the drivers typically really crank the AC sometimes. Other than that it's a piece of cake. The buses are all modern and comfortable.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal