global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: SDQ airport to Sosua  (Read 10471 times)

wonderbread

• Devoted Contributer
SDQ airport to Sosua
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
I have a couple questions, if you fine gentlemen would care to help a noob out.I am flying into SDQ.From my reading a bunch of random forums and travel tips.I would like to know the best option to take.

Again, this is from my understanding. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Once I land at SDQ, around 139pm.I figure I will out the front door about 230pm.It would cost $40 taxi to go to a hotel in Santo Domingo.Then about $70ish for a decent place for the night.Wash my swamp ass and take a nap.Wake up and check out one of the clip joints and pull a girl for some st action.Go to sleep. Wake up and catch a taxi to the metro bus station about 930am for 200 peso.Get there and buy a ticket for about $10us.And about 4 and half hours later I will be in Sosua.

Or I could leave SDQ airport and get a taxi for $40 to the metro bus station in Santo Domingo.Arrive at the bus station about 3pm.Buy a ticket for about $10us to Sosua and get there about 9ish pm.Wash my swamp ass and take a nap.Wake up and be in the club by 1am, prime time for the ladies.

Returning back:

I could leave a day early and get a room for the night. Get on the metro for about $10us at 7am.Arrive about noon in Santo Domingo.Pay 200 peso for taxi, to a hotel for another $70ish.Catch a couple girls at some clip joints.Wake up about 10am and take a taxi $40 to airport.

Or wake up around 530am and catch the 7am metro bus for about $10us to Santo Domingo.Arrive about noon.Get in a taxi for $40 to the SDQ airport and barely make my flight at 139pm.

And buy my tourist card online for $10.

Tell me my flaws in this plan and which would you do.

Skeeterman

Re: SDQ airport to Sosua
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:42:18 PM »
It's not a lot different but I normally pay $25 for the taxi from SDQ over to the bus station or my lodging in the Colonial Zone. The extra money saved is a nice meal or another ST session in Sosua.

brooklynfinest40

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:56:28 PM »
This is only my opinion of what I would do. Once I arrive to SDQ i would catch a cab to the Caribe tours  (not sure about the taxi cost, but probably $20-25.00). Buy a ticket straight to Sosua. Caribe tours run every hour. It will cost about 200 pesos which is about 3 dollars and change U.S. It's about 2hrs/2.5 hours from SDQ to Santiago. Then 2 more hours from santiago to puerto plata.  From puerto plata to sosua another 25 minutes. Motorcoch from Charamico (which is where the sosua bus let's you off) to your sosua hotel. That's close to 5 hours of traveling, which will put you in your hotel no later than 8:00 p.m. which is prime time for a quick pick up at Rumbas before you rest up for Classico's later.  It's a lot of traveling, but if your goal is to reach Sosua,  then this is the quickest option for you.

wonderbread

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:03 AM »
Ok, there is some time and money saving. All the reading say to take the metro for travel.

I am thinking of exchanging $100 at the airport, just to have some peso.From what I have read, wait till you are past immigration to exchange?

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:25:49 AM »
Ok, there is some time and money saving. All the reading say to take the metro for travel.

I am thinking of exchanging $100 at the airport, just to have some peso.From what I have read, wait till you are past immigration to exchange?

Unless you can get 43.5 to 44 to 1, the airport is getting over on you, but exchanging only $100 isn't too bad just to have pesos for the basics until you can get to a decent exchange. Correct, don't exchange at the booth before immigration. They flat out rape you on the rates.

Vanilla88

SDQ airport to Sosua
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »
There are two ATM's on the left hand side of where the cab drivers are waiting at SDQ, Banreservas and Popular, I think.  I just hit one of them up on arrival and get 10,000 pesos.  The rate is much better than what you'll get changing currency at the airport.  Plus you won't have to deal with getting cash upon arrival in Sosua at night.  If it's a weekday arrival then you could even go inside the bank that's there if that's your preference.

NotNew2TheGame

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »
Anyone know the ATM limit you can withdrawal from the STI Airport from Banco Popular or the other bank past immigration?  Please advise.

Mr_Magnificent

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
Anyone know the ATM limit you can withdrawal from the STI Airport from Banco Popular or the other bank past immigration?  Please advise.

Check with ur bank bro. I believe the limit depends on ur bank. I believe my limit is $300 USD/day

Skeeterman

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »

Normally $500 or $600 a day. Most atm machines limit you to $10,000 or $12,000 pesos per transaction so you would need to withdraw twice to get your limit.

Flo

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 04:13:08 AM »
Caribe Tours has a bus from Sosua to Santo Domingo at 6am.  Party all night and sleep on the bus.

If you land at 1:39 then the next Metro is at 4pm from Santo Domingo to Sosua
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:10:38 PM by Flo »

NotNew2TheGame

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »
@Skeet

Thank you my man. Have you had any problems with identity theft using the ATMs in Sosua?  Do you recommend a Safe ATM or ones to stay away from?  Last thing.  Can you convert pesos back to dollars when you leave?

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal