global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Airline Advice  (Read 1580 times)

• Devoted Contributer
Airline Advice
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »
Fellas...lately I've been seeing brothers talking about how expensive flights are out of Atlanta. So it got me thinking, because I don't mind using alternative methods if it's worth my while financially and not a big imposition on my time. Probably upwards of 90% of the time I'm flexible on time, so I search surrounding cities when prices are stupid from my main airport like Atlanta. I've flown back to D.R. after being in Atlanta many times and I've also taken alternative routes to cut my cost. Most times it's 2 of us so it really makes a difference in my case.

Example #1. I have driven over to Birmingham (2hrs away) from Atlanta and caught a Delta flight that connected back in Atlanta putting me on the flight I originally wanted out of ATL, but by going to BHM, it saved me $1000 between the 2 tickets I bought. $1000 is worth 2hrs of driving to me. Maybe not to some of you, but this could help some people. Same thing has happened with flying out of Charlotte (3hrs away).

Example #2. If you have flexibility in your time and maybe want to bookend your D.R. trip with time in a different city, Orlando is a great option. There's a Brazilian airline that flies out of there to Punta Cana for really cheap. I've gotten tickets on Gol Linhas Aereas for as little as $129 each way. I had some buddies from ATL go this route. Tix from ATL to PUJ were like $950, but only $300 on Gol Lenhas. They caught the Megabus for $17, got a room in Orlando for the night, hit the bars there and flew out the next morning. Even with bus fare and hotel, they saved just over $1100 between the 2 of them. That money saved paid for their beachfront condo for a week.

Again, I understand this may not be ideal for some dudes who rather just spend the extra loot and get down here ASAP, but I know some can use alternatives to help get them here by saving money. Part of my business is helping people plan trips to D.R., so I figured I'd try to help some fellas here.

jamellemaj

Re: Airline Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »
thats a good look.  i fly straight out jfk so i have many options.  but ive met peeps who said tickets are expensive and they have to do layovers to save money.  make sure you let peeps know that flying into santiago is cheaper but you have to catch a bus which is about $5.  i did it that way my first time there and it was cool.  also, delta for example doesnt fly into puerto plata.  i know you probably know all that but i had to find out the hard way. lol

Ilv4play

Re: Airline Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
I prefer to fly into POP but being on the West Coast it is a costly venture sometimes. I do not mind driving and I usually rent a car anyway as I like to go sightseeing and have some freedom. For me flying into SDQ works as there are a lot more flights and I can get some great deals using miles. A friend of mine just got Firstclass on American for 47,0000 miles roundtrip into SDQ and I have been able to get as low as 460.00 with decent travel times from out west.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal