Get Off The Strip-Other Things To Do Besides Being A Mack > Golf

closest golf to sosua?

(1/4) > >>

username:
does anyone here play it regularly?
prices? i need a cart...$?
and i suppose they all demand we take a caddie?
total price for a round about???
thanks...
fore !!!!

FuenteFuente:
Depends on what you mean by "close." There is no good golf very close to Sosua. You're at least an hour's drive each way for a high quality golf course. There are comments here in the forum about Playa Grande Golf and Ocean Club, which is a gem. The distance is the thing. With the travel time, logistics and the round itself you're talking about close to eight hours.  Here's the link: http://www.playagrande.com/

Also, Dominican golfers are notorious for playing only with other Dominicans. So if you are walking on as an American you'll probably be playing by yourself. It's a lot different in Punta Cana where there are lots of American tourists to pair up with. Punta Cana is a golf destination. Sosua? Not so much.

username:
i,m Canadian , but we nearly speak the same language ..eh.
And we shoot for the cup ...lol

PapiViejo-Dark Lord:
Wait? What???

Just kidding!

danceelite0:
Playa dorada is the closet course, 35 mins away, nice challengeing 18 hole spread.  Fuente is right you need a playing partner.  I am better than most with 10 handicap and the Dominicans won’t play with me.  18 holes alone is no fun especially not at 100bucks and yes they require a caddy unless you are a member.  There are quite a few of us that do play give a shout out when you are going and you may get lucky and one of us will be coming in.  Bachetero, JD, Fuente Fuente and myself are golfers.  Both Bach and JD best me and I think I am pretty good. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version