global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: STI Airport to Sosua  (Read 5145 times)

KiteSurf101

STI Airport to Sosua
« on: September 22, 2021, 12:34:01 PM »
Quick follow up on a earlier post, if anyone is interested in saving some cash and takes the Spirit flight that arrives at STI at 2:00am it is worth the trouble.

I arrived a hour late (spirit after all), and it was a full hour to clear customs. It was 4:00am and I had a few hours to kill. There is a food court on the second floor after you clear customs, there are a couple places there that are open all night. A couple presidentes and some chatting with both the staff and local passengers and I was ony way. The Uber to the Caribe Tours station was $250 pesos (early mornings are great Uber times as traffic isn't busy). Another $250-300 pesos for the Caribe ticket to Sosua. Total cost of the the Spirit trip with one connection in Ft. Lauderdale and one carry on was $390.

jd66

Re: STI Airport to Sosua
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:14:25 PM »
Sounds like it all worked out for you and you might have saved a few bucks.   Hopefully you kept that up with how you dealt with the pussy as well.

But I can't see advocating a flight that comes in at 2-3 am

Consider how much time was wasted that day you flew and then sat around waiting to catch a bus only to get to Sosua early morning where you likely could not check into your room unless you pay them extra

Only to find the selection of putas are slim early in the morning and your only real options for entertainment that early are some place for breakfast

Then it screws your day because you are dead ass tired from the previous day travel schedule

To each there own but my time is worth something

Hard to beat hitting SU town early afternoon refreshed and ready to hit it

Jazzy2019

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »
@kitesurf

Where did your flight start and how long was your total travel time? You note that you had a layover in FLL.

madvillian

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:20:57 PM »
Sounds like it all worked out for you and you might have saved a few bucks.   Hopefully you kept that up with how you dealt with the pussy as well.

Consider how much time was wasted that day you flew and then sat around waiting to catch a bus only to get to Sosua early morning where you likely could not check into your room unless you pay them extra

Only to find the selection of putas are slim early in the morning and your only real options for entertainment that early are some place for breakfast

Then it screws your day because you are dead ass tired from the previous day travel schedule

It's like the Vegas experience for us Canadians - only late evening arrivals and next morning departures. Forces you to pay for an extra night of a hotel room that you can't even use. The late night flight into STI only works if the $$ is right. My question would be, can STI be a quick mongering spot - meaning I spend 2 or 3 days on arrival in the city and then make your way to sosua. 

Stones

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 07:33:46 PM »
The question for KiteSurf is, how beat were you after arriving at 3 a.m. and then having to kill another hour until 4 a.m. to clear Customs? And then having to kill three more hours until 7 a.m. before taking an Uber to the Santiago bus station -- and then taking the 90-minute bus ride to Sosua? Hey, I'm not knocking your journey. Kudos to your fortitude! I have looked for ways to shave travel costs as well. But man, it must have taken two days for you to get all rested up! Good work, though. You accomplished what you set out to do.

Would you do it that way again?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:10:01 PM by Stones »

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »
The question for KiteSurf is, how beat were you after arriving at 3 a.m. and then having to kill another hour until 4 a.m. to clear Customs? And then having to kill three more hours until 7 a.m. before taking an Uber to the Santiago bus station -- and then taking the 90-minute bus ride to Sosua? Hey, I'm not knocking your journey. Kudos to your fortitude! I have looked for ways to shave travel costs as well. But man, it must have taken two days for you to get all rested up! Good work, though. You accomplished what you set out to do.

Would you do it that way again?  2 points great if you want to save a few bucks and if your staying more than 7 days

Ted68

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:47 PM »
Quick follow up on a earlier post, if anyone is interested in saving some cash and takes the Spirit flight that arrives at STI at 2:00am it is worth the trouble.

I arrived a hour late (spirit after all), and it was a full hour to clear customs. It was 4:00am and I had a few hours to kill. There is a food court on the second floor after you clear customs, there are a couple places there that are open all night. A couple presidentes and some chatting with both the staff and local passengers and I was ony way. The Uber to the Caribe Tours station was $250 pesos (early mornings are great Uber times as traffic isn't busy). Another $250-300 pesos for the Caribe ticket to Sosua. Total cost of the the Spirit trip with one connection in Ft. Lauderdale and one carry on was $390.

I did that STI 2 am flight once and probably won't again. Plus that cheap flight came with an hours long layover in FLL, the aggravation of dealing with Spirit, them almost cancelling the flight because of no flight attendants I kid you not (they finally showed up), a hotel in Santiago not getting to Sosua until the next afternoon and falling asleep in the villa after I got there. Yeah I saved a few hundred but throwing in all of the obstacles I would have spent the extra cash for the flight to POP. Now if this works for some, have at it. I see it worked for you but I tried it and Simply didn't work out for me. We all do what we gotta do.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:10:52 PM by Ted68 »

Travelguy90

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:25:58 AM »
If you’re from Florida that Santiago flight is definitely nice though the POP flight can be better at times. When it’s 177-200$ it’s a direct flight from south Florida to Santiago. Land at 2 clear costume at 3-3:30. Catch a 150-250 peso ride to caribetour and just charge your phone until what 8 when the first bus leaves. You waste about 5 hours to get to Sosua but it’s a 12am flight to begin with so just sleep. I’m check into my hotel by 10:30-11am, the chicas are just making their way through so you can sleep until 2-3 or have a repeat meet you. When it’s 230-275$ the Miami to POP flight is better because it’s landing around 10-12 early in the day and the airport is what 15-25 minutes away from Sosua. More convenient but when the price is 450-500+ I rather go through Santiago. My only beef is POP doesn’t have a consistent low fare, but I fly out of Miami/FLL so a RT ticket to Santa Domingo is 230 all the time and I won’t take a trip unless I have at least 10 days to spare so I’m in no rush
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

jd66

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 03:02:04 AM »

It's like the Vegas experience for us Canadians - only late evening arrivals and next morning departures. Forces you to pay for an extra night of a hotel room that you can't even use. The late night flight into STI only works if the $$ is right. My question would be, can STI be a quick mongering spot - meaning I spend 2 or 3 days on arrival in the city and then make your way to sosua.

Yes but that's kinda how it goes at Vegas.  I am often flying in late at night and early in the morning in Vegas as well but at least Vegas never sleeps so no matter when you arrive or depart there is always something to do.  Plus if you are there during the week you can leverage your room charge to almost nothing plus dreaded ripoff resort fee.  And with the gambling aspect not to hard to make the cost of room back as long as your disciplined enough to walk away at the right time.

Not knocking flying into STI if the money is right but not doing it with that early morning flight in or out as it just screws your day both coming and going.
Plus you couldn't pay me to fly Spirit. 

Viva La Vega

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 07:22:08 AM »
Flight times and connections and the whole experience is certainly not what it was. Buddy paid $390 return all in. It worked for him and depending on where he started, he may have saved $300-$400.

No question for a weekend trip straight to POP is the best option, a couple of weeks, save the $300!

My flights suck right now. I used to have three AA flights a day to MIA for the connection. Now it's one a day at a shitty time so I have to overnight each way. No more quick trips.

Even flying out of STI so i could get home in one day, the flight was so early i stayed in the airport hotel, it cost almost as much as a MIA hotel.

michealclark490@yahoo.com

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
They got afternoon flights now I'm at Bb now arrived yesterday on 115pm flight into STI on spirit.It left Chicago morning at 545Am to FLL then STI .So it's afternoon flights available now

justincase689

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 09:04:51 AM »
They got afternoon flights now I'm at Bb now arrived yesterday on 115pm flight into STI on spirit.It left Chicago morning at 545Am to FLL then STI .So it's afternoon flights available now

yeah that afternoon flight is a rare flight that they do around this time of year..i've always wondered what made them do that...

michealclark490@yahoo.com

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »
Love it wish it was normal

PapiChulo7

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 02:56:12 PM »
I have flown out Chicago on Spirit and it was fine, one time. The other time it had weather delays and the flight from FLL was leaving as we arrived. Had to sleep in the airport and then there was no flight the next day! But Spirit is usually $300ish vs $600 to fly to PoP! 4th trip and this is my first flight to POP so I’ll see if it’s worth the cost!

The moderator

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 06:54:14 PM »
I see this is a recurrent topic here so I will copy any information here for future reference.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal