Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Getting Here - Airlines Info./Travel Tips

SANTO DOMINGO TO PUERTA PLATA

(1/2) > >>

TheSixtyMinuteMan:
Greetings fellow mongers,
I'm hoping to get information and advice on what options and what would be the best way to get from Santo Domingo to Puerta Plata. Thanks in advance.

cknice11:
Easiest and best way is to get a taxi or driver. Cheapest way is to just hop on the bus.

Stones:
Bus information: https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santo-Domingo/Puerto-Plata. Pretty simple. You just take a taxi to the bus station and then wait for the next bus. There are two major bus lines -- Metro and Caribe. Be aware that not all Metro buses have bathrooms. Also take a sweater and wear long pants. Sometimes the drivers really crank the AC. Good luck.

Cadon:
I made this journey in June 2022, you can take caribetours.com.do, only 550DP from coach station, took almost 5 hours on the express service. Make sure you have a good play list. Have a good tip.

Viva La Vega:
I saw a Caribe Tours station just by the exit for RD-7 to Nagua close to SDQ, is that the station folks use to catch a bus to Sosua?

Thinking it could be as a Caribe bus passed me on the STO-DGO bypass. If so, that station is about 5 miles from the airport. Certainly makes the trip easier than I had thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version