global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: The rain and a safety reminder about the roads.  (Read 622 times)

Viva La Vega

The rain and a safety reminder about the roads.
« on: April 16, 2024, 06:51:24 PM »
It's pissing down and the roads in the province are f--ked. Looked like a river crossing the highway by the Texaco and there is a low bridge near La Union that the water is running over. I am sure the streets in El Batey are all ankle deep in filthy water. Go buy some wellingtons, a slicker, and a sturdy umbrella.

A sad note, a Canadian who lived in Hispanola and rode a motorcycle was killed instantly on the highway Sunday when a car passing vehicles at a very high rate of speed hit him head on near Montellano.

The roads really are dangerous as f--k and you need to give your head a shake about renting a moto or an ATV to ride on the road.

Viva La Vega

Re: The rain and a safety reminder about the roads.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 07:01:30 PM »

A sad note, a Canadian who lived in Hispanola and rode a motorcycle was killed instantly on the highway Sunday when a car passing vehicles at a very high rate of speed hit him head on near Montellano.

ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT ACC1DENT3 THAT LAST SUNDAY COVERED THE VID4 OF CANADIAN NATIONAL RESIDENT IN SOSUA.
In Montellano in the afternoon of last Sunday an appalling accident was registered at the entrance to the Bergantín project, taking the life of a male person
An audiovisual recorded by a citizen who claimed to have witnessed the accident shows when the driver of the car involved in the incident walks out with a long gun in his hands pointing around him, which drew attention behind the rumor that immediately ordered an investigation to help to clear the fact up.
The victim was identified as the 71-year-old Canadian national David Goldon Knight, a resident of the La Hispaniola tourist project in the tourist municipality of Sosua, as it was known.
A witness who claims to have been at the scene at the time of the accident indicated that the accident occurred at a time when the driver of the vehicle at very high speed performed a overpass without realizing that the victim was coming aboard a motorcycle to impacted head-on in the corresponding lane, which is checked by an audiovisual recorded minutes after the fact occurred, where it is observed that the vehicle remained in the opposite lane in the direction of Puerto Plata Sosúa, the same motorcycle and lifeless body of the driver of this, from where it is unequivocally concluded that the fault is on the driver of the vehicle identified as Dounel Enrique Perez Nin 63 years old from Duverge, as indicated by the witness who witnessed the appalling accident.
Widening the investigations Behind the rumor obtained a third video where it shows Perez Nin delivering a rifle-type weapon, from where it is presumed to have pulled the weapon may have been to protect himself from possible aggressions that arise by relatives, friends or individuals, when it is they produce events of this type.
The driver of the vehicle was kept in police custody last Sunday afternoon to be brought to justice, while authorities from POLITUR, National Police, DIGESETT, Fire Brigade, Air Force, among others waited an hour after the accident occurred for the arrival of authorities competent for the dead body lifting.

bigup

bionicsound

• All Access

Jazzy2019

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 11:22:56 PM »
WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-b_Nz8J3oQ

Damn. Is that shit common?

No, my understanding is that this was an uncommon event. Some of the old timer expats are saying online that this was the heaviest rainfall they’ve ever seen.

bingoman

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 02:31:01 AM »
FML. I booked a trip to a tropical island in summer and there are floods <facepalm/>

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 04:38:18 AM »
I guess my main chica said she could not go out do to the floods,,Any who They dont call the DR the most dangerous place to drive in the world for nothing,,,Driving a moto is dangerous,,, car is better even at taht still dangerous,, make sure you got dash cams in case your gonna get scamed in an accident,, get the best walkawy insuarce you can if you buy or rent a car    as far as motos use one if you must but not recomended   , also avoid highways crowed or heavy trafic take side roads  head on a swivel !be safe sirs,,,,,,Rain is common but does not last long,,, hunker down with a trusted repeat   Dont forget your in the Tropics    !!!!!!

bangoskank

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 07:49:24 AM »
Along route five, those idiots installed curbs and sidewalks with no drainage holes. It must look like the LA river after a heavy rain.

stinqu

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 03:39:01 PM »
The last time I saw flooding like that was 2017, I had 3 inches of water in my apartment, at Pedro and Rosen it was 3 feet.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 10:42:23 AM »
yall remember a couple years ago when pop airport was flooded? There was 2 feet of water on first floor  :o
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

sosuajefe

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2024, 12:49:40 PM »
The last time I saw flooding like that was 2017, I had 3 inches of water in my apartment, at Pedro and Rosen it was 3 feet.

2017 seems right. I was on way and the plane couldn't even land at the airport because it was flooded. Kept circling. We had to emergency land in Semana to refuel. Two weeks straight of at some places almost knee deep water. Let me tell you the chicas were cheap they needed refuge lol. Downside was all that shit weather. Couldn't enjoy a vacation and chicas, was only chicas.

stinqu

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 03:34:13 PM »
Yes it sucked!! I was lucky though, had wifed up for the week with a sweet Haitian newbie 2 days before. Seen some other bad storms though, late October 2015 and February 2020, both times streets were closed for 24hrs. It sucks if you only have a few days there.

ParasiticSeth

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 04:09:25 PM »
WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-b_Nz8J3oQ

I've seen some nasty floods down there.  The whole airport shutdown a couple years back. I am guessing their sewage system is terrible.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 04:57:33 PM »
I am guessing their sewage system is terrible.

the lack of actually  ::)
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 05:15:00 PM »
yah, no drainage system the problem, even at the airport.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal