global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Atlanta Lights! C'mon up to some great deals!!  (Read 5002 times)

lazy_monger

Re: Atlanta Lights! C'mon up to some great deals!!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 04:07:42 AM »
What's not to like.

How many high end places can you go to in the DR where the menu features Chicken wings, Hot Dogs, Nachos and Cheeseburger with French Fries.   

Or Chicken and Waffles. 

LOL

Gotta admit the prices are pretty good.
Not to mention 100 RD cocktails.

Perhaps the menu will get a little more diverse and "High end" in the future

Gonna have to sell a shit ton of food to keep from losing his ass.

Kinda weird that he made that snarky comment about Flip Flop when he is serving some basic ass food. That's sad looking fries.

tugboaboat5393

• All Access
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 04:15:33 AM »
A place like that, serving hot dogs and beer, probably needs to do minimum $150,000RD a day to cover the bills, cover the cost of the capital let alone pay buddy and his brother a salary, and not a chance there is a profit. Mayor and his friend were the two customers there. Maybe they spent $1500RD between them. Where do the other 198 customers come from... Everyday.

I don't know this guy, clearly he knows f--k all about the hospitality business, so i suppose it's an ego project. He certainly tries to project that he is money, maybe he just wants a nice place to hang out. i don't know.

Real businesses are designed and built to make profit, maybe there is some other reason it's there, we wait and see.
Are we talking the You tube Mayor of Sosua > Wackadoodle  Cookou,,  Must have gotten a hair cut and lost the Jeasus beads  , Still hes a funny to watch   !!!!

The Traveler

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 05:40:10 AM »
The Mayor gets around. 1st he is in Flip Flops now he is in Atlanta place.

Men if you want to have a business in the area of Sosua and Puerto Plata, you better act now. Running out of space and how many more eateries can it be! I just don't think it is a lucrative business. How much money can you really make when there is a jewel store on every corner.

I will stop to have a drink at Atlanta in July or August to patronize it once or twice when I go to the Malecon. I wonder if Dominicans will go there without being with a foreigner for food and drinks?

JayNight

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 07:42:27 AM »
Damn that’s a lot of money just standing around with no one to serve. Don’t know if it was just hella early and it got busier later on but he does not need 4 servers for all those customers. Still I hope they do well bc it’s never bad having an another spot to go to

Captainsaveahoe

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 07:55:03 AM »
The place looks nice.  The prices are right.  The view is amazing and I love that they have hookah.  I wish him much success.  I just dont know who he is marketing to?  I dont see gringos who go to sosua for 4 days going to pop.  especially when there is no pussy involved.  It would have been nice if he promoted to Domincans and called it Dominican Lights and played salsa and dembo.  then the locals would come and then the gringos would follow.

BlackAndMild

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 04:18:15 PM »
One thing I noticed about DR videos is that many vloggers eat hella heavy.  I hope they are running on the treadmill or beach to burn it off.
I know I talk about the cows that now populate Sosua but I gotta be honest...the DUDES that fly in have gotten WAY bigger too!!

Maybe that is one reason why the chicas have unionized and renegotiated the monger contracts...they gotta lay under dudes pushing 300 lbs. now!
Cows is an understatement ! imagine trying to feed one  !!!!!

Sometimes I look at my fellow mongers age/weight and wonder if I should be paying for pussy lol. This might be the first time I've ever felt sorry for the chicas lol.

SeñorToto

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 04:32:53 PM »
idk what it is, but im not interested in this place..... im good with Miami Bar

KingPOP

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 05:01:51 PM »
I follow them on IG. They seem to have a good amount of Dominicans coming through and a few of the girls I follow from Puerto Plata have been there already. They have a leg up with hookah being available but they may want to eventually add some Dominican food to the menu to really capitalize on the locals. Great location and especially because everyone ready knows where Miami is. I wish him luck and success. I’ll definitely check them out in a few weeks.
We all 'monger' different *shrug*

SeñorToto

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 11:46:39 PM »
If they can get the CHICAS to pack this spot like classico's pre pandemic, i'll gladly spend my pesos in there, otherwise Im cool.

Just the name "Atlanta" anything gives me matrix vibes......... no bueno, a more dominican name + hot waitresses woulda been so much better!

KingPOP

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 02:41:52 AM »
If they can get the CHICAS to pack this spot like classico's pre pandemic, i'll gladly spend my pesos in there, otherwise Im cool.

Just the name "Atlanta" anything gives me matrix vibes......... no bueno, a more dominican name + hot waitresses woulda been so much better!
https://streamable.com/ixg8uk
We all 'monger' different *shrug*

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 02:00:40 PM »

Kinda weird that he made that snarky comment about Flip Flop when he is serving some basic ass food. That's sad looking fries.

Weird?

https://youtu.be/vIygMnj3Hkk
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

SeñorToto

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 02:30:01 PM »

https://streamable.com/ixg8uk

Potential!!! Atlanta Lights might be on to something. I wasn't expecting that, good looks on the post !!!

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 03:05:19 PM »
There seems to be some real challenges between that type of popularity and the physical realities of the location plus demographics.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

The Traveler

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »
The only challenge demographically is for the ones that never leave Sosua. Everyone else, go explore the Malecon and enjoy.

SeñorToto

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 03:58:14 PM »
It can make an excellent expat spot since they already reside in POP .... but weekend warriors may not be able to swing it, especially with the taxi mafia over taxing on POP-SU rides. Best bet it can be a spot to check out immediately arriving into POP or a few hours departure from POP.

I do POP alot more than sosua these days.....so this place is right up my ally especially if the non-pros take to it. It can be a goldmine !!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal