global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: What is so special about Piantini?  (Read 1535 times)

PB IS BACK!

Re: What is so special about Piantini?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 10:50:41 PM »
If you pay $250 in sosua for ST then your nuts! Just dumb. A penthouse condo in Piantini is the same as a Hispaniola villa. Only thing your in the best part of SD and luxury surroundings. I know this is the sosusa monger site and general rule is stay cheap as possible but I’ve always  went against that and said enjoy DR because it’s all on discount!  The quality in SD especially Belle Viste or Piantini is unmatched on the island!

PoonTangClan

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 11:22:14 PM »
Piantini is cool, but I don’t know if I’ll go back there anytime soon. The traffic is f--king horrible.

Moving around over there was a struggle everyday. I hated that shit. 😖

Bat Man

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 11:53:07 PM »
If you pay $250 in sosua for ST then your nuts! Just dumb. A penthouse condo in Piantini is the same as a Hispaniola villa. Only thing your in the best part of SD and luxury surroundings. I know this is the sosusa monger site and general rule is stay cheap as possible but I’ve always  went against that and said enjoy DR because it’s all on discount!  The quality in SD especially Belle Viste or Piantini is unmatched on the island!

I actually agree with you. No way I could expat in a small beach town.

That being said a Villa anywhere is better than a Condo in a crowded city.

But on the other hand I stongly prefer the city and other than the Malecon with seaside view I'd defenitely want to live in Piantini, Naco or BellaVista

Bat Man

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 11:55:32 PM »
Piantini is cool, but I don’t know if I’ll go back there anytime soon. The traffic is f--king horrible.

Moving around over there was a struggle everyday. I hated that shit. 😖

That's the problem unless you were gonna literally stay only in that area and that area does have any and everything that you'd want or need. the Traffic is a madhouse. Of Course you could take the Subway to anyplace other than Zona Colonial but I guess that would be too boughetto for most people.

Bat Man

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2023, 12:08:59 AM »
I don't want to restart the Hold the Line vs Raise the Bar, SD vs. Su wars especially since I'm an SD fan myself.

And maybe I misread but even if you were gonna buy yourself a suit at say Blue Mall with the import taxes it'd be way cheaper in the states for better materials and overall quality.

But suffice it to say If you got Allen Iverson in his prime money then I guess you could pop tags and leave the clothes behind after a single use.

But again people spend a weekend once a year for 5 years and make assumptions about the whole Island. Everyone who's been to Piantni has seen the Bentley dealership there so thinking that you're gonna scoop up a Dime who dating a baseball player while renting the cheapest unit in a condo in Piantini ain't gonna do it. Hypergamy is worldwide even if you aviod Su Rats maybe you can impress a co-ed at Euginia Maria de Hostos but probably not a Drug Dealers Girlfriend.

At the end of the day especially in Bellavista people can be very snooty granted no one is gonna say too much if your there for a weekend but running through Club rats from Villa Consuelo or Chisto Rey will have your neighbors looking at you wierd.

Of course you could take her to Casa de oro cabana but now that would be slightly boughetto.

TravelYoda

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2023, 12:34:37 AM »
FIFA 2026. Santo Domingo was vying to be one of the cities chosen out of the North America 11, but Among the list of reasons why it was not suitable was lack of rooms for influx of world audience. I'm unsure, but I do believe they got some U17 games though that will be played in SD. For Marriott, win or lose, its a long game strategy to be on the ground for when Sosua and every other small town with killer beachfront is in play.

https://www.fifa.com/news/dominican-republic-dreaming-big

PB IS BACK!

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2023, 12:38:54 AM »
I don't want to restart the Hold the Line vs Raise the Bar, SD vs. Su wars especially since I'm an SD fan myself.

And maybe I misread but even if you were gonna buy yourself a suit at say Blue Mall with the import taxes it'd be way cheaper in the states for better materials and overall quality.

But suffice it to say If you got Allen Iverson in his prime money then I guess you could pop tags and leave the clothes behind after a single use.

But again people spend a weekend once a year for 5 years and make assumptions about the whole Island. Everyone who's been to Piantni has seen the Bentley dealership there so thinking that you're gonna scoop up a Dime who dating a baseball player while renting the cheapest unit in a condo in Piantini ain't gonna do it. Hypergamy is worldwide even if you aviod Su Rats maybe you can impress a co-ed at Euginia Maria de Hostos but probably not a Drug Dealers Girlfriend.

At the end of the day especially in Bellavista people can be very snooty granted no one is gonna say too much if your there for a weekend but running through Club rats from Villa Consuelo or Chisto Rey will have your neighbors looking at you wierd.

Of course you could take her to Casa de oro cabana but now that would be slightly boughetto.

I give it too you but you theories or observations aren’t accurate and honestly from a man who lacks confidence… basically you sound like the same type of man who rather not approach a dime due to her attitude… or the guy in Miami who won’t talk to baddies because they are probably gold diggin whores. Some guys assume shit and sike themselves out of getting the best. Piantini is DR’s best hands down! Not saying you can’t find quality elsewhere but they quality level vs sosua … you can’t compare. The drug dealers and ball players are present but there’s a reason.. the want the best also… reason why they ain’t in sosua….. to put it in comparison.. piantini and Belle Viste are the Beverley Hills of SD. Now it’s up to you where like to shop! Me personally I prefer nicer things…sosua is fun don’t get me wrong but it’s the slum! Honestly if you been around Dominicans you can’t even say sosua without funny looks! Like I originally posted…most guys are happy with $50 hotels and $10 meals in DR… if you want to treat yourself and see quality in DR go to piantini. Btw same dudes complain about traffic and city vibes go to Medellin… and stay in cheap hotels

Bat Man

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2023, 12:27:48 PM »
I removed the first post I ever put up. I can and will go low when need be but I don't want to come off as an asshole especially when there's a basic agreement.

Maybe I lean in too heavily to arguments but when I expressed my preference for SD in the sexpat thread I didn't hear anyone agreeing with me in there.

So although I'll push back against the idea that any girl or any place gives me status or vailidation and any mcdonald's manager makes more than half of the population of Piantini, i also like nice things.

But to answer the OP's question Piantini is posh.  You will be comfortable the lights won't go out for long an you're likely to have a backup generator, The most beautiful girls in town are there you have to look like you belong in the sense that maybe a T-shirt and a Hat saying I Love Mangoes shorts sagging off your ass  and flip flops is not what you should wear during business hours in Agora mall.  And exploring other parts of the city and country will take some doing with traffic and you lose the views of the Malecon and the mountains but it's not a bad choice for a true city slicker.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2023, 11:37:04 AM »
One of my favorite areas to stay in SD.  Prices are higher for most things but the area is nice for SD.  Glad to hear about more hotel options coming online.  I usually go the airbnb route, but I would be open to a nice hotel.
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal